(110405SCS1-2) Heliotropium ovalifolium

Suresh C. Sharma

Apr 10, 2009, 10:30:31 PM4/10/09
to indiantreepix
Heliotropium ovalifolium. Hope I am right.
Sonepat, Haryana, 10 Apr 09.

Nice image by Kiran and Cavale at :

Best,
Suresh C Sharma
Heliotropium ovalifolium (100409a) no sure.jpg
Heliotropium ovalifolium (100409e) no sure.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 11, 2009, 3:32:25 AM4/11/09
to Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix
Hi, Suresh ji,
Links you have given are for Heliotropium indicum. I don't think your plant is Heliotropium ovalifolium. I think it appears more like Heliotropium supinum. You may further check.

Suresh C. Sharma

Apr 11, 2009, 5:48:09 AM4/11/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Thank you. One more species identified successfully.
Best,
Suresh

Rohit Patel

Apr 12, 2009, 12:44:26 PM4/12/09
to Suresh C. Sharma, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix

yes Gargji is right,this is Heliotropium supinum

i found this plant species on dry portion of wetland (on hedge).

--
ROHITKUMAR M.PATEL
Junior Research  Fellow

Suresh C. Sharma

Apr 12, 2009, 10:00:59 PM4/12/09
to Rohit Patel, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Thank you so much for substantiation.
Attaching a close up of its flowers.
Regards,
Suresh C Sharma

Heliotropium supinum(110409b).jpg

JM Garg

Jul 23, 2016, 9:46:48 AM7/23/16
to efloraofindia, Rohit Patel, Gurcharan Singh
I think it should be Heliotropium europaeum L. as per images herein