Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

J.M. Garg

no leída,
23 jun 2018, 11:41:4523/6/18
a efloraofindia,Bimal Sar kar
Wonderful collage, Bimal ji.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bimal Sar kar <bima...@gmail.com>
Date: 23 June 2018 at 21:03
Subject: KIGELLIA PINNATA

I saw this plant for the first time at Pachmarhi in 1975.
Hindi name JHAD FANOOS is quite appropriate as the arrangement of flowers resembles chandelier.
Attaching two collages  of this plant. Forest department must have planted these on the road side of Cooch Behar.
some of them are blooming now. Common name is
SAUSAGE TREE.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2975 members & 2,90,000 messages on 31.3.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images).

Kigelia pinnata 1.jpg
Kigelia pinnata 2.jpg

Ushadi Micromini

no leída,
24 jun 2018, 14:24:3524/6/18
a J.M. Garg,efloraofindia,Bimal Sar kar
Bimalda
very nice
its interesting that its growing by a roadside
the fruits grow to be very big, (see below)
I wonder what do these neighborhood folks do with the fruits or seeds?

we have several in the kolkata area
one is famous one in victoria memorial grounds on the northeast corner lawn
another in the large army garden enclave in the salt lake area
another i think i saw in the horticulture garden
and of course the shibpur botanical garden
i have not yet seen it outside of a deliberate planting, at least in Calcutta

the fully grown fruits get very big (the leaf here is from a nearby other tree)

thats a size 8 shoe = 9.5 inches long
in victoria memorial garden lawn
i believe its a fruit from the year before
the tree still only had buds for that current year

usha di

Usha di
===========

Ushadi Micromini

no leída,
24 jun 2018, 14:28:4224/6/18
a J.M. Garg,ushadi Micromini,efloraofindia,Bimal Sar kar

​sorry the pic is not showing up in the previous post
i hope it does now
usha di
--
Usha di
===========

Dr.Balmukund Chaurasia

no leída,
25 jun 2018, 2:14:3925/6/18
a Ushadi Micromini,J.M. Garg,efloraofindia,Bimal Sar kar
It also called balamkhira and hakims say that Balamkhira bana de pet
ko heera. It is used for stomach ailments
Thanks

Dr. Balmukund Chaurasia

On 6/24/18, Ushadi Micromini <micromi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ​sorry the pic is not showing up in the previous post
> i hope it does now
> usha di
>
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 11:53 PM, Ushadi Micromini <
> micromi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Bimalda
>> very nice
>> its interesting that its growing by a roadside
>> the fruits grow to be very big, (see below)
>> I wonder what do these neighborhood folks do with the fruits or seeds?
>>

>> we have several in the kolkata area
>> one is famous one in victoria memorial grounds on the northeast corner
>> lawn
>> another in the large army garden enclave in the salt lake area
>> another i think i saw in the horticulture garden
>> and of course the shibpur botanical garden
>> i have not yet seen it outside of a deliberate planting, at least in
>> Calcutta
>>

>> the fully grown fruits get very big (the leaf here is from a nearby other
>> tree)
>>
>> thats a size 8 shoe = 9.5 inches long
>> in victoria memorial garden lawn
>> i believe its a fruit from the year before
>> the tree still only had buds for that current year
>>
>> usha di
>>

>> ​
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 9:11 PM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Wonderful collage, Bimal ji.

Ushadi Micromini

no leída,
25 jun 2018, 10:17:2025/6/18
a Dr.Balmukund Chaurasia,J.M. Garg,efloraofindia,Bimal Sar kar
Dr Chaurasia

way to go
thanks for telling us

how is it used?
do you know?

the seeds or the bark?

usha di

>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix.
>>>

>> --
>> Usha di
>> ===========
>>

> --
> Usha di

Usha di
===========

Dr.Balmukund Chaurasia

no leída,
26 jun 2018, 11:49:2326/6/18
a Ushadi Micromini,J.M. Garg,efloraofindia,Bimal Sar kar
Its seeds are dried and grind to make powder. This powder is used with
luke warm water.

Dr. Balmukund Chaurasia

On 6/25/18, Ushadi Micromini <micromi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dr Chaurasia
>
> way to go
> thanks for telling us
>
> *how is it used?*
> *do you know?*

>> > --
>> > Usha di
>> > an
>> > email to indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com.

Ushadi Micromini

no leída,
29 jun 2018, 4:36:2629/6/18
a Dr.Balmukund Chaurasia,J.M. Garg,efloraofindia,Bimal Sar kar
Thank you Dr CHaurasia

usha di

>> > --
>> > Usha di