Lamiaceae (incl. Verbenaceae) Fortnight :: Lamiaceae ::Leucas aspera Pune:: SMPMAY01/01

Satish Phadke

May 5, 2015, 8:12:32 AM5/5/15
to indiantreepix
​Leucas aspera or Leucas longifolia? Please opine.​

​A common plant.
Dr Satish Phadke

J.M. Garg

May 10, 2015, 6:12:59 AM5/10/15
to efloraofindia, Satish Phadke

Some earlier relevant feedback:

 efi page on Leucas aspera & Leucas longifolia

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

surajit koley

May 10, 2015, 9:16:04 AM5/10/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Satish Phadke
I think close-up calyx and whorls, along with bracts are essential to ID a Leucas species. Fortunately we have experts who can identify any plant merely by a mid-shot plate. Of-course, doctors, bestowed with knowledge-info-wisdom and equipped with latest gizmo, can do miracle!

This is probably Leucas longifolia Benth. of Flora of British India.

Thank you
Regards
surajit koley

J.M. Garg

May 11, 2015, 12:40:36 AM5/11/15
to efloraofindia, M Swamy, surajit koley, Satish Phadke

May 11, 2015, 11:35:16 AM5/11/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy, Satish Phadke

J.M. Garg

May 16, 2015, 12:53:31 AM5/16/15
to efloraofindia
May 16, 2015, 8:50:33 AM5/16/15
to J.M. Garg, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia

Satish
so do you have any more pictures?
like a nice lateral view of the flower , maybe?

usha di
Usha di
===========

surajit koley

May 16, 2015, 1:09:49 PM5/16/15
to efloraofindia
I fully subscribe to your views, all aspects. I have also noted/experienced variations in a species, and there are several, depending upon ecological condition. And also when a picture of mango leaves was presented before me I failed to identify the species, though I see mango trees everyday. I fully agree with the view that let the person posting the thread decide what species he/she has contributed to the group.

Thank you very much.

With regards

surajit koley

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 9:06 AM, M Swamy <swamy...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Satish Phadke

May 21, 2015, 11:49:34 AM5/21/15
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
It's more from the leaves I suppose.
The plant is common and I will get the lateral view again later

Dr Satish Phadke

surajit koley

May 21, 2015, 12:36:00 PM5/21/15
to Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Thanks Satish Sir, please check https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/WuxZAHvKcSo/Ol8Uom8fwFoJ

Regards

surajit

J.M. Garg

May 23, 2015, 4:41:36 AM5/23/15
to efloraofindia, Satish Phadke
"Dr. Sunoj Calicut University has confirmed it as Leucas longifolia.
DR. V. SAMPATH KUMAR"

Ushadi Micromini

May 23, 2015, 5:16:59 AM5/23/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Satish Phadke
Gargji
its not another thread
its this same thread

same picture
we have our diagnosis from  Dr Sunoj whom Dr Sampath sent the case to...

usha di
Usha di