Plant for ID

Shantanu Bhattacharya

Sep 2, 2010, 2:01:12 PM9/2/10
to efloraofindia
Hi
taken these pics of a plant growing in a meadow near Sonarpur. West Bengal.
Please note the fruits and the leaf shapes.

Regards
Happy Janmaashthami.
Shantanu  :)
plant25.jpg
plant252.jpg

Vijayasankar

Sep 2, 2010, 2:15:52 PM9/2/10
to Shantanu Bhattacharya, efloraofindia
Interesting plant! Is it a Ficus species?

With regards

Vijayasankar

tanay bose

Sep 2, 2010, 2:20:03 PM9/2/10
to Vijayasankar, Shantanu Bhattacharya, efloraofindia
A new to me too'
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 2, 2010, 2:20:08 PM9/2/10
to Shantanu Bhattacharya, efloraofindia
Is that a Ficus?
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Adittya Dharap

Sep 3, 2010, 9:54:46 AM9/3/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

would like to request for identification of attached plant images.
This was photographed in Talegaon - Maharashtra.

best regards

Adittya Dharap

P9200509.JPG
P9200510.JPG
P9200511.JPG
P9200513.JPG
P9200514.JPG

Dr. Arvind Kadus

Sep 3, 2010, 11:13:17 AM9/3/10
to efloraofindia, shn...@gmail.com
Is there white resin coming out from the leaves when breaking ? If yes
then it could be Ficus. otherwise may not.
Thanks for the new plant.
Dr. Kadus Arvind,Pune.
>  P9200509.JPG
> 229KViewDownload
>
>  P9200510.JPG
> 284KViewDownload
>
>  P9200511.JPG
> 356KViewDownload
>
>  P9200513.JPG
> 255KViewDownload
>
>  P9200514.JPG
> 372KViewDownload

Vijayasankar

Sep 3, 2010, 1:45:39 PM9/3/10
to Dr. Arvind Kadus, efloraofindia, shn...@gmail.com
Beautiful pictures of Enicostemma littorale, a very important medicinal plant.

With regards

Vijayasankar

tanay bose

Sep 3, 2010, 2:07:02 PM9/3/10
to Vijayasankar, Dr. Arvind Kadus, efloraofindia, shn...@gmail.com
As said by Vijaya Ji
This is Enicostemma littorale Blume
Family: Gentiaceae
It is regarded as an anti diabetic drug
tanay

Shantanu

Sep 4, 2010, 6:14:20 AM9/4/10
to efloraofindia
Hi
i dont think its any kind of Ficus.
It is a short plant that was growing in a meadow.

On Sep 3, 11:07 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As said by Vijaya Ji
> This is Enicostemma littorale Blume
> Family: Gentiaceae
> It is regarded as an anti diabetic drug
> tanay
>
> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 11:15 PM, Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Beautiful pictures of *Enicostemma littorale*, a very important medicinal
> > plant.
>
> > With regards
>
> > Vijayasankar
>
> >   On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Dr. Arvind Kadus <
> Phone: 778-323-4036- Hide quoted text -

satyendra tiwari

Sep 4, 2010, 8:35:07 AM9/4/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Date/Time- 01/09/2010

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Bandhavgarh

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Garden Plant
Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  shrub

Height/Length-  14 inches

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- 5cm long

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Photographer  Satyendra Kumar Tiwari

Dear All,
This plant I brought from a nursery in Jabalpur.
Main aim to bring it was to get a plant that provide flowers throughout the year. They called it Butterfly Bush.
May I request to help in ID please.
Thanks.
Satyendra
--
Satyendra K.Tiwari.
Wildlife Photographer, Naturalist, Tour Leader

Nayan Singh

Sep 4, 2010, 8:52:07 AM9/4/10
to satyendra tiwari, indiantreepix
Dear Satyendra ji,
this plant looks like Hamelia patens from Rubiaceae family,
bigger res pix may help in correct id.
thanks
Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Sep 4, 2010, 11:49:00 AM9/4/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Nayan Singh, satyendra tiwari, indiantreepix
 Hamelia patens indeed
Tanay

Shantanu Bhattacharya

Sep 4, 2010, 5:01:50 PM9/4/10
to efloraofindia
Hi
snap of a plant taken in the hills of Lava (7000ft). The people of Lava told that the flowers are used for making brooms.

regards
Shantanu : )
plant.JPG

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 4, 2010, 5:15:49 PM9/4/10
to Shantanu Bhattacharya, efloraofindia
Arundo donax L. by any chance?
Pankaj

tanay bose

Sep 4, 2010, 9:00:15 PM9/4/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Shantanu Bhattacharya, efloraofindia
Seems to look like same [Arundo donax ] to me too
Tanay

promila chaturvedi

Sep 5, 2010, 8:07:03 AM9/5/10
to satyendra tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com
It is definitely Hamelia patens.
Promila

satyendra tiwari

Sep 5, 2010, 10:05:11 AM9/5/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Date/Time- 01/09/2010

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Bandhavgarh

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Urban

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  Shrub

Height/Length- 30 inchees

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Photographer  Satyendra Kumar Tiwari

Dear All,
I just saw a similar plant posted on the group.
Hope this is Sesamum orientale too.Thanks.
Is it Sesamum Orientale _DSC3840.jpg

tanay bose

Sep 5, 2010, 10:30:16 AM9/5/10
to satyendra tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com
lovely catch Satyendra
tanay

mani nair

Sep 5, 2010, 10:36:12 AM9/5/10
to tanay bose, satyendra tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com
Satyendra ji,  this is Sesame flower  (Sesamum indicum)

Regards,

Mani.

satyendra tiwari

Sep 5, 2010, 10:41:29 AM9/5/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Date/Time- 1st Sept 2010

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Bandhavgarh

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Herb

Height/Length- 20 inches

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Photographer  Satyendra Kumar Tiwari

Dear All,
This plant was also photographed in Bandhavgarh on 1st Sept.
Flower looks like of Hibiscus lobatus but leaf size and shape is different.
May I req. to help in ID of this plant.
Is this some sort of Hibiscus _DSC3834.jpg

Nayan Singh

Sep 5, 2010, 10:46:21 AM9/5/10
to satyendra tiwari, indiantreepix
Dear Satyendra ji
this is the same Hibiscus lobatus, which you posted few days back
thanks.
Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

to Nayan Singh, satyendra tiwari, indiantreepix
Yes the same one Hibiscus lobatus
Tanay

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 5, 2010, 11:00:04 PM9/5/10
to tanay bose, Nayan Singh, satyendra tiwari, indiantreepix
Yes Hibiscus lobatus

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 30, 2010, 12:41:28 PM9/30/10
to efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, TANAY BOSE, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

possibly a Ficus species

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

plant25.jpg
plant252.jpg

mani nair

Sep 30, 2010, 12:59:01 PM9/30/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, TANAY BOSE, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Looks like small figs.
Regards,
Mani.

GAUTAM UPADHYAY

Oct 2, 2010, 7:05:37 AM10/2/10
to Shantanu Bhattacharya, efloraofindia
This is Ficus heterophylla L. f., Suppl. Pl. 442. 178
Bellam-dumar”, “Gaori-sheora”, “Ghoti-sheora” (all in Bengali). Commonly found in the district of Hoogly, Howrah, Jalpaiguri, Murshidabad and 24 – parganas.

Regards
Gautam

GAUTAM UPADHYAY

Oct 6, 2010, 5:09:16 AM10/6/10
to mani nair, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Vijayasankar Raman, TANAY BOSE, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
This is Ficus heterophylla L. f., Suppl. Pl. 442. 178

“Bellam-dumar”, “Gaori-sheora”, “Ghoti-sheora” (all in Bengali). Commonly found in the district of Hoogly, Howrah, Jalpaiguri, Murshidabad and 24 – parganas.

Regards
Gautam Upadhyay

JM Garg

May 27, 2017, 12:11:33 PM5/27/17
to Adittya Dharap, efloraofindia
It may also be subsp. axillare in view of keys & drawings by Viplav ji in the following thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topicsearchin/indiantreepix/Enicostema/indiantreepix/_88tuJDNK8s
Leaf apex rounded or occasionally subacute (but not acuminate), mucronate; capsule c. 2.5 mm to 4.5 mm. Asia, Africa. - 1a. subsp. axillare.
Leaf blade gradually tapering to an acuminate apex; capsule c. 4 mm to 6 mm. Malaysia. - 1c. subsp. littorale (Bl.) A. Raynal.
P9200509.JPG
P9200510.JPG
P9200511.JPG
P9200513.JPG
P9200514.JPG

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Feb 16, 2023, 10:30:45 AM2/16/23
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Mr. Garg,

There seems to multiple sp. under the thread https://efloraofindia.com/2011/01/31/arundo-donax-1/,
which needs to be segregated.

Thank you
Saroj Kasaju
P9200509.JPG
P9200510.JPG
P9200511.JPG
P9200513.JPG
P9200514.JPG

J.M. Garg

Feb 16, 2023, 11:40:02 AM2/16/23
to Saroj Kumar Kasaju, efloraindia
Done.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 16, 2023, 12:43:29 PM2/16/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 16, 2023, 12:46:21 PM2/16/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
It is still showing other sp. also when opening the link http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/99d57355850fd9c0
under 'Arundo donax?'

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 16, 2023, 11:43:11 PM2/16/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Yes, it is a mixed discussion thread, under which many species were posted under the same subject, leading to clubbing.
Nothing can be done about that.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 17, 2023, 1:33:35 AM2/17/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
OK Mr. Garg !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

JM Garg

Oct 22, 2023, 3:57:10 AM10/22/23
to efloraofindia
Oct 22, 2023, 3:58:04 AM10/22/23
to efloraofindia
Is it Arundo donax L.?

With regards,
J.M.Garg
plant.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 22, 2023, 8:47:47 AM10/22/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Shantanu Bhattacharya, J.M. Garg
Thysanolaena latifolia (Roxb. ex Hornem.) Honda
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 22, 2023, 8:49:15 AM10/22/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Shantanu Bhattacharya, J.M. Garg
Nepali Name : अम्रिसो Amriso  ( Our common Broom Grass)
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 22, 2023, 8:50:14 AM10/22/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Shantanu Bhattacharya, J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke, Tabish
Nepali Name : अम्रिसो Amriso  ( Our common Broom Grass)

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 22, 2023, 12:35:20 PM10/22/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, Shantanu Bhattacharya, Dinesh Valke, Tabish
Ok, Saroj ji
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Oct 25, 2023, 12:35:33 AM10/25/23
to efloraofindia, Shantanu Bhattacharya, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Manoj ji