SK624 07 JUL-2017:ID

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 7, 2017, 10:20:09 AM7/7/17

Date: 18 May 2017

Jul 10, 2017, 9:46:12 AM7/10/17
DSC_0281.JPG
DSC_0282.JPG
DSC_0283.JPG
DSC_0284.JPG
DSC_0285.JPG
DSC_0287.JPG

Nayan Singh

Jul 10, 2017, 10:06:17 AM7/10/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Saroj ji, I think your plant is Curcuma caesia, having a deep violet-red patch which runs through the length of the lamina is characteristic for this sp.
Thanks

Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Add Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
M.P. RVVN
Madhya Pradesh
Mo - 09424790074

Beautiful images, Saroj ji.

J.M. Garg

Jul 10, 2017, 10:57:22 AM7/10/17
to Nayan Singh, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Nayan ji.

Beautiful images, Saroj ji.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 10, 2017, 11:22:03 AM7/10/17
to J.M. Garg, Nayan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you Dr. Singh .

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 12, 2017, 1:10:15 AM7/12/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Sabu ji.

Jan 22, 2018, 12:25:33 PM1/22/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nayan Singh, mamiyil sabu
Dear all,

I think your guess is correct !

Please validate !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
_DSC0190.JPG
_DSC0191.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jan 24, 2018, 8:22:46 AM1/24/18
to efloraofindia
Feb 5, 2018, 12:42:57 AM2/5/18
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Saroj ji, I think your plant is Curcuma caesia, having a deep violet-red patch which runs through the length of the lamina is characteristic for this sp.
Thanks
Nayan.

check the colour of the rhizome- from Sabu ji

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

_DSC0190.JPG
_DSC0191.JPG

J.M. Garg

Feb 5, 2018, 3:49:32 AM2/5/18
to efloraofindia
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Nidhan Singh
Thanks, Sabu ji,
I have forwarded you leaves & inflorescence.

Feb 5, 2018, 9:56:41 AM2/5/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, mamiyil sabu

J.M. Garg

Feb 13, 2018, 9:36:59 PM2/13/18
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Nidhan Singh
This is not Curcuma caesia. Its rhizome os dark blue. Here it is more yellowish. Leaves and inflorescence is required for correct ID.
Regards
Sabu
DSC_0280.JPG
DSC_0281.JPG
DSC_0282.JPG
DSC_0283.JPG
DSC_0284.JPG
DSC_0285.JPG
DSC_0287.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 15, 2019, 11:56:26 AM11/15/19
to J.M. Garg, mamiyil sabu, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Enclosing fresh image of rhizome for ID  validation.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0310.JPG

J.M. Garg

Nov 30, 2019, 8:55:43 AM11/30/19
to efloraofindia
Nov 30, 2019, 9:49:32 AM11/30/19
to efloraofindia
did it have a nice aroma when you cut it?

before you dug it out what did the leaves look like?
Regards
Ushadi