Identification of grass requested.

Lalithamba Avadhanam

Jun 5, 2015, 9:38:01 AM6/5/15
to efloraofindia
Dear all, I am attaching 2 images of a grass species collected from high altitudes at Easternghats. the plant is about 50 cm in height.
Regards
A.Lalithamba
Grass AL7.jpg
Grass AL7a.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 11, 2015, 2:05:48 AM6/11/15
to efloraofindia

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Grass AL7.jpg
Grass AL7a.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 14, 2015, 3:24:37 AM6/14/15
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam

J.M. Garg

Aug 8, 2015, 6:36:25 AM8/8/15
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Thanks, Manoj ji.

Aug 8, 2015, 7:10:50 AM8/8/15
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Aug 13, 2015, 6:56:59 AM8/13/15
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Pseudanthistiria hirta- from Manoj Chandran ji.

Thank you Garg ji and Manoj Ji, for your efforts, but the plant list or Gamble FPM has no such species, whether it has any synonyms. I am thankful to you if my doubt is clarified.

Thank you once again for the efforts
Regards
A.Lalithamba

J.M. Garg

need free specimens for identification. interesting species for me

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 12:54 PM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Sep 5, 2015, 3:36:15 AM9/5/15
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Sep 23, 2015, 6:31:58 AM9/23/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Respected Sir,
If I get free specimens of above grass (with inflorescence) then I could try for name. My tentative remark about grass is seems to be interesting species.

Sincerely Your's,

(K. V. C. Gosavi)

J.M. Garg

Nov 15, 2015, 1:56:46 AM11/15/15