Fabaceae (Faboideae) Fortnight :: Indigofera for id :: Morni :: NS OCT 64/64

Nidhan Singh

Oct 17, 2015, 2:13:37 AM10/17/15
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

Images are submitted for id suggestion, this shrub was recorded from Morni Hills, Haryana...

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227
Indigogera for id morni (6).JPG
Indigogera for id morni (7).JPG
Indigogera for id morni (8).JPG
Indigogera for id morni (9).JPG
Indigogera for id morni (10).JPG
Indigogera for id morni (11).JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 25, 2015, 11:29:31 AM10/25/15
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

 Indigofera species in eFloraofindia (with details/ keys from published papers/ regional floras/ FRLHT/ FOI/ Biotik/ efloras/ books etc., where ever available on net)

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Indigogera for id morni (6).JPG
Indigogera for id morni (7).JPG
Indigogera for id morni (8).JPG
Indigogera for id morni (9).JPG
Indigogera for id morni (10).JPG
Indigogera for id morni (11).JPG

J.M. Garg

Nov 1, 2015, 10:13:23 AM11/1/15
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Indigofera species in eFloraofindia (with details/ keys from published papers/ regional floras/ FRLHT/ FOI/ Biotik/ efloras/ books etc., where ever available on net)

Mar 26, 2017, 7:48:42 AM3/26/17
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
I think close to images at Indigofera hebepetala Baker

Mar 26, 2017, 9:48:08 AM3/26/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Garg Ji,
I do not think this is Indigofera hebepetala..
This is more likely to be I. cassioides..!!

J.M. Garg

Mar 26, 2017, 10:38:41 AM3/26/17
to Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks, Nidhan ji,
But image of Indigofera cassioides DC.  look quite different.

Nidhan Singh

Mar 26, 2017, 10:55:35 AM3/26/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes Garg Ji,

 I have gone through these pages, there is lot of confusion in this genus and it needs to be critically examined. Actually I had posted those images on facebook group and the inputs received pointed to Indigofera cassioides DC, but in any case this is not I. hebepetala..

J.M. Garg

Mar 27, 2017, 12:58:36 AM3/27/17
to Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks,  Nidhan ji

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 22, 2021, 1:44:28 AM9/22/21
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 22, 2021, 1:45:40 AM9/22/21
to indiantreepix, Nidhan Singh
Sep 22, 2021, 2:43:41 AM9/22/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Nidhan Singh
I guess it is close to Indigofera cedrorum Dunn!

Nidhan Singh

Sep 24, 2021, 9:21:27 PM9/24/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg
Thanks a lot Saroj Ji for this impressive hint, I will explore further..

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 25, 2021, 2:04:44 AM9/25/21
to Nidhan Singh, efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg
OK Nidhan Sir !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 1, 2021, 6:11:46 AM10/1/21
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Saroj Kasaju
I am doubtful of this being Indigofera cedrorum as per GBIF specimens- one, two, three.