Alternanthera philoxeroides from Hooghly

surajit koley

Nov 20, 2012, 11:44:51 AM11/20/12
to efloraofindia
Sir,

This very common herb seems to be the Alternanthera philoxeroides (Mart.) Griseb. I have an earlier upload of this plant which was identified by Rajdeo Ji. Moreover, Gurcharan Sir discussed it very recently.

H & H : small aquatic herb, also in ditches and moist place, very common
Date : 19/11/12 (in pond) & 20/11/12 (last four pics in roadside drain)
Place: Hooghly

Thank you & Regards,

surajit

19nov12_DSCN7536.jpg
19nov12_DSCN7538.jpg
19nov12_DSCN7542.jpg
19nov12_DSCN7543.jpg
20nov12_DSCN7574.jpg
20nov12_DSCN7577.jpg
20nov12_DSCN7578.jpg
20nov12_DSCN7579.jpg

surajitkoley

Nov 20, 2012, 11:52:02 AM11/20/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Sir,

A correction, this can be long, 2 feet or more when in ponds.

Regards,

surajit

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 20, 2012, 11:53:06 AM11/20/12
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Yes Surajit ji
Nice photographs

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

surajit koley

Nov 20, 2012, 11:57:27 AM11/20/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you Sir, this is the fourth Alternanthera in my collection.

Regards,

surajit

Nidhan Singh

Nov 20, 2012, 8:12:29 PM11/20/12
to surajit koley, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Very beautiful Surajit Ji, good to know about your collection...

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assisstant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

surajit koley

Nov 20, 2012, 8:33:11 PM11/20/12
to Nidhan Singh, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Sir, once again.

Regards,

surajit