24082013 BRS 503

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

Aug 24, 2013, 12:02:40 PM8/24/13
to efloraofindia
Pl. find the attached file contain photos for id. confirmation.

Location: Kalapatti, Coimbatore
Date: 16.08.2013

Habitat: garden
Habit: herb

Thanks

B. Rathinasabapathy
Ecologist

for id.jpg
for id1.jpg

Satish Phadke

Aug 27, 2013, 10:27:00 AM8/27/13
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia
Looks like some Heliotropium sp.

Dr Satish Phadke

lalithamba

Aug 29, 2013, 4:10:34 AM8/29/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This is Heliotropium supinum L. of Boraginaceae, common in E.ghats and as a weed in fields.
A.Lalithamba

J.M. Garg

Jul 23, 2016, 9:33:58 AM7/23/16
to efloraofindia, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, Lalithamba Avadhanam

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Looks like some Heliotropium sp.
Dr Satish Phadke

This is Heliotropium supinum L. of Boraginaceae, common in E.ghats and as a weed in fields.

A.Lalithamba

To me it does not seem to match with images at Heliotropium supinum L.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

for id.jpg
for id1.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 23, 2016, 10:41:19 AM7/23/16
to efloraofindia, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, Lalithamba Avadhanam
To me it also appears to be Euploca ovalifolia as per images herein & as per images at Useful tropical plants.
for id.jpg
for id1.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 24, 2016, 12:42:34 AM7/24/16
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Thanks, Lalithamba ji.
But images of Heliotropium scabrum Retz. at Satish Phadke (Id by Shrikant Ingalhalikar) & Anurag N Sharma (Id by P. Santhan & A. Lalithamba) look different from this post.

Jul 24, 2016, 5:30:57 AM7/24/16
to efloraofindia, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, Lalithamba Avadhanam
Can it be Heliotropium bracteatum R. Br. as per keys in An Excursion Flora of Central Tamilnadu, India By K. M. Matthew ?
In From Floral Database of Tamilnadu , it is stated to be found in all districts of Tamilnadu.

to efloraofindia, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, Lalithamba Avadhanam

Forwarding  again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

This is Heliotropium supinum L. of Boraginaceae, common in E.ghats and as a weed in fields.

A.Lalithamba

To me it does not seem to match with images at Heliotropium supinum L. - from me

To me it also appears to be Euploca ovalifolia as per images herein & as per images at Useful tropical plants. - from me

It looks like Heliotropium scabrum Retz., it is common here.

E.ovalifolia has terminal spike like inflorescence.
regards
A.Lalithamba

Thanks, Lalithamba ji.
But images of Heliotropium scabrum Retz. at Satish Phadke (Id by Shrikant Ingalhalikar) & Anurag N Sharma (Id by P. Santhan & A. Lalithamba) look different from this post.

Can it be Heliotropium bracteatum R. Br. as per keys in An Excursion Flora of Central Tamilnadu, India By K. M. Matthew ?
In From Floral Database of Tamilnadu , it is stated to be found in all districts of Tamilnadu.- from me

Jul 28, 2016, 8:43:01 AM7/28/16
to efloraofindia, M Swamy

Jul 28, 2016, 12:43:11 PM7/28/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy