underwater garden from Hooghly 24-11-12 sk1

surajit koley

Nov 24, 2012, 12:03:41 PM11/24/12
to efloraofindia
Sir,

A beautiful underwater garden in a roadside ditch hosts this herb

Species : UNKNOWN
H & H : aquatic herb, maybe 2 feet high
Date : 22/11/12, 11.58 a.m.
Place : Hooghly

Thank you & Regards,

surajit

DSCN7767.jpg
DSCN7772.jpg
DSCN7773.jpg
DSCN7774.jpg
DSCN7775.jpg
DSCN7776.jpg
DSCN7777.jpg

surajit koley

Nov 24, 2012, 9:05:58 PM11/24/12
to efloraofindia

surajit koley

Nov 28, 2012, 8:58:57 PM11/28/12
to efloraofindia
Sir,

Please ignore my earlier comment, this species can be anything, including Rotala & Hygrophila.

Thank you & Regards,

surajit

jmgarg1

Dec 6, 2012, 2:18:01 AM12/6/12
to efloraofindia, mitra...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pch...@gmail.com, micromi...@gmail.com, subh...@yahoo.com, apda...@gmail.com, sujan...@yahoo.com, surajitno...@gmail.com, pkb...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

 this species can be anything, including Rotala & Hygrophila.

Thank you & Regards,
surajit

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2015 members & 1,39,500 messages on 30/11/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 7500 species).

DSCN7767.jpg
DSCN7772.jpg
DSCN7773.jpg
DSCN7774.jpg
DSCN7775.jpg
DSCN7776.jpg
DSCN7777.jpg

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Dec 6, 2012, 3:57:18 AM12/6/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I imagine if this is some Limnophila sp.
Pankaj

surajit koley

Dec 6, 2012, 12:10:18 PM12/6/12
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Dr. P. K. S.

Regards,

surajit

surajit koley

Dec 6, 2012, 12:13:11 PM12/6/12
to jmgarg1, efloraofindia
Sir,

I think this is Hygrophila triflora (Roxb.) Fosberg & Sachet, as in another post at - https://groups.google.com/d/topic/indiantreepix/3SpzN6z4Meg/discussion.

Thank you & Regards,

surajit

jmgarg1

Dec 12, 2012, 7:54:33 AM12/12/12
to efloraofindia, tanay...@gmail.com, ratang...@yahoo.com, mitra...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pch...@gmail.com, micromi...@gmail.com, archan...@yahoo.co.in, surajitno...@gmail.com, sukla chanda, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

I think this is Hygrophila triflora (Roxb.) Fosberg & Sachet, as in another post at - https://groups.google.com/d/topic/indiantreepix/3SpzN6z4Meg/discussion.

Thank you & Regards,
surajit

Dec 12, 2012, 12:42:58 PM12/12/12
to jmgarg1, efloraofindia
Sir,

For the very same reason as in https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/indiantreepix/3SpzN6z4Meg/discussion this plant also may not be Hygrophila triflora (Roxb.) Fosberg & Sachet.

Thank you & Regards,

surajit

surajit koley

Sep 19, 2015, 11:05:49 AM9/19/15
to efloraofindia
Dear Garg Sir,

KEW herbarium will tell you this is also Hygrophila triflora (Roxb. ex Nees) Fosberg & sachet.

Thank you
Regards
surajit koley
a non-botanist member of