Plant ID

pallavi doke

Apr 22, 2011, 5:36:29 AM4/22/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Please help identify the plant. The pictures were taken at Jijamata Udyan, Mumbai on 09 March 2011.

Regards

Pallavi
Pic1.jpg
Pic2.jpg
Pic3.jpg
Pic4.jpg
Pic5.jpg
Pic6.jpg

Ushadi micromini

Apr 22, 2011, 2:51:09 PM4/22/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Pallavi:
this tree and its flowers remind me of one I have seen in the Hort.
garden in Calcutta: one of the Gustavias....
most like this is : * Gustavia superba*.... flowers of India site has
examples of two different gustavias.......
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Heaven%20Lotus.html..
that *G. superba* flower was also from Jijamata udyan , picture taken
in 2007....

Usha di
>  Pic1.jpg
> 177KViewDownload
>
>  Pic2.jpg
> 253KViewDownload
>
>  Pic3.jpg
> 155KViewDownload
>
>  Pic4.jpg
> 189KViewDownload
>
>  Pic5.jpg
> 186KViewDownload
>
>  Pic6.jpg
> 176KViewDownload

Bapu Gosavi

Apr 22, 2011, 2:52:29 PM4/22/11
to pallavi doke, indian...@googlegroups.com

Gustavia gracillium Miers.

Ushadi micromini

Apr 22, 2011, 3:38:56 PM4/22/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Mr. Gosavi : you might be right... the flowers do look as if they
are on a longer stalk than the one I have seen....but is that the only
difference?
Taxonomists ....please help.
Thank Usha di

On Apr 22, 11:52 pm, Bapu Gosavi <bapu.gos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Gustavia* *gracillium* Miers.

tanay bose

Apr 22, 2011, 9:06:41 PM4/22/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
I think this is Gustavia superba
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Mahadeswara

Apr 23, 2011, 2:59:32 AM4/23/11
to efloraofindia
Photographs are not clear. Photographs showing the foliage and
flowers clearly would help proper identification.

H S

Apr 23, 2011, 3:02:39 AM4/23/11
to tanay bose, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
It is Gustavia gracilium Miers. it is a shrub not tree,, growing in
Rani baug, Byculla just front of the Director office.

agree with Bapu Gosavi

--
- H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of
stone

H S

Apr 23, 2011, 3:10:18 AM4/23/11
to tanay bose, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Victoria garden.jpg

Ushadi micromini

Apr 23, 2011, 11:08:07 PM4/23/11
to efloraofindia
pallavi, thats right...now i am not at all sure.... a littlte
research and advice from experts is called for... lets see what i can
find and what the taxonomists at eflora say, usha di

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 11:55 AM, pallavi doke <palla...@gmail.com>
wrote:

hi Usha di

Thanks for your response. the genus gustavia is confirmed. howere
there are 3 responses giving 3 diff species!

On Apr 23, 12:10 pm, H S <hemsan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/23/11, H S <hemsan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > It is Gustavia gracilium Miers. it is a shrub not tree,, growing in
> > Rani baug, Byculla just front of the Director office.
>
> > agree with Bapu Gosavi
>
>  Victoria garden.jpg
> 3439KViewDownload

Bapu Gosavi

Apr 24, 2011, 11:14:45 AM4/24/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
here I am attaching photo of Gustavia superba to clear confusion from Gustavia gracillium
IMG_5947.jpg

JM Garg

Oct 19, 2017, 4:09:28 AM10/19/17
to efloraofindia, palla...@gmail.com
Gustavia superba (Kunth) O.Berg as per images herein.
Pic1.jpg
Pic2.jpg
Pic3.jpg
Pic4.jpg