Capparaceae and Cleomaceae fortnight :: Crateva adansonii DC. near Khanapur :: DV08

Dinesh Valke

Sep 5, 2013, 7:33:14 AM9/5/13
to efloraofindia

Capparaceae and Cleomaceae fortnight
Capparaceae (aka Capparidaceae) the caper family
Crateva adansonii DC.

along NH4A near Khanapur, Karnataka on 22 APR 11

Crateva adansonii

Crateva adansonii

Crateva adansonii

Crateva adansonii

Crateva adansonii
Regards.
Dinesh

Balkar Singh

Sep 5, 2013, 10:58:58 AM9/5/13
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Wonderful shots Dinesh ji

Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Head, Deptt. of Botany and Biotechnology &
Horticulture Incharge
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Dinesh Valke

Sep 5, 2013, 11:13:44 AM9/5/13
to Balkar Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Balkar ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Sep 30, 2016, 2:58:33 AM9/30/16
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
Hi, Dinesh ji.
Pl. check BSI (eFlora of India) with details & keys (Distribution). It may be some other species like Crateva magna (Lour.) DC.
No. of nerves are not clear.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

Dinesh Valke

Sep 30, 2016, 3:48:17 AM9/30/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Thanks Garg ji.
This sighting, I was with Shrikant ji, and I have gone with his ID. He knows this particular tree for a long time, and we have stopped by this tree many a times during our explorations.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Sep 30, 2016, 3:59:19 AM9/30/16
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Hi, Dinesh ji.
It required to be reviewed as in 2011, we, at efloraofindia, were totally confused w.r.t. the species of Crateva & how to differentiate them.
Pl. check the no. of nerves in your original pictures. Also Crateva adansonii DC. is generally leafless when in flowering as per  BSI (eFlora of India) with details & keys

Dinesh Valke

Sep 30, 2016, 4:32:00 AM9/30/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
OK, thanks Garg ji, Let me attach here a cropped portion (slightly out of focus) of the first picture of this post instead of embedding here.
I hope you will be able to know the number of nerves.

Regards.
Dinesh
5657328842_383d9dd345_o_CROPPED.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 30, 2016, 4:57:25 AM9/30/16
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
From BSI (eFlora of India) with details & keys (& distribution), I am reaching at  Crateva magna (Lour.) DC.
Others may comment pl.

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 24, 2021, 7:31:03 AM7/24/21