Ornamental for ID :: Thane, MH :: ARKJAN14

Alka Khare

Jan 31, 2017, 4:44:56 AM1/31/17
to efloraofindia
Hello friends

Saw this ornamental in a cultivated garden in Thane, Maharashtra in December 2016.

Any idea as to its ID?

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare
IMG_0800.JPG
DSC08546.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jan 31, 2017, 8:01:13 AM1/31/17
to Alka, efloraofindia

Thanks,  Alka ji

J.M. Garg

Feb 10, 2017, 2:37:05 AM2/10/17
to efloraofindia, Alka

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

IMG_0800.JPG
DSC08546.JPG

ajinkya gadave

Feb 10, 2017, 2:47:28 AM2/10/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alka
there are two possibilities

1 ) Heliconia indica rubra

2) Red banana plant (Musca zebrina), blood banana, . Red banana

But I go with  Red banana

J.M. Garg

Feb 10, 2017, 3:13:38 AM2/10/17
to efloraofindia, Alka
A reply:
"Not sure difficult to identify from leaves, could be some Heliconia species (might be Heliconia metallica Planch. & Linden ex Hook.) but not sure.
Kind regards,
Varun"

Thanks, Varun ji.

J.M. Garg

Feb 10, 2017, 3:15:14 AM2/10/17
to efloraofindia, Alka
Thanks, Sabu ji.

Feb 24, 2017, 6:19:53 AM2/24/17
to efloraofindia, Alka, ajinkya gadave

Some earlier relevant feedback:

there are two possibilities
1 ) Heliconia indica rubra
2) Red banana plant (Musca zebrina), blood banana, . Red banana
But I go with  Red banana  - from Ajinkya ji

Not sure difficult to identify from leaves, could be some Heliconia species (might be Heliconia metallica Planch. & Linden ex Hook.) but not sure.
Kind regards,
Varun

May be Canna sp.

Sabu

Jun 25, 2017, 2:36:58 AM6/25/17
to efloraofindia, Alka, ajinkya gadave
Appears to be Heliconia stricta 'sharonii' as per the following:
With regards,
J.M.Garg

IMG_0800.JPG
DSC08546.JPG