Ruta graveolens

Pravin Kawale

Nov 8, 2013, 6:28:20 AM11/8/13
to efloraofindia
Pl. confirm the ID
Ruta graveolens
Marathi name: Sataap
At Chaul,Alibag
Thanks in advance

DSC00888-001.JPG
DSC00877-001.JPG
DSC00878-001.JPG

DSC00888-001.JPG
DSC00877-001.JPG
DSC00878-001.JPG

J.M. Garg

Nov 18, 2013, 4:12:31 AM11/18/13
to efloraofindia, M Swamy, Vijayasankar Raman, Prashant awale, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Singh, Pravin Kawale

Some earlier relevant feedback:

efi page on  Ruta graveolens

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2190 members & 1,72,300 messages on 31/10/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 9000 species & 1,80, 000 images).
DSC00888-001.JPG
DSC00877-001.JPG
DSC00878-001.JPG

Tapas Chakrabarty

Nov 18, 2013, 6:28:31 AM11/18/13
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy, Vijayasankar Raman, Prashant awale, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Singh, Pravin Kawale
Wrong identity.
Tapas

Nidhan Singh

Nov 18, 2013, 11:41:25 AM11/18/13
to Tapas Chakrabarty, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy, Vijayasankar Raman, Prashant awale, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Singh, Pravin Kawale
I agree with Tapas Ji, this is not Ruta graveolens..

On 11/18/13, Tapas Chakrabarty <tcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wrong identity.
> Tapas
>

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 2:42 PM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>>
>> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>>
>> efi page on Ruta
>> graveolens<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/m---z/r/rutaceae/ruta/ruta-graveolens>
>> The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species*&
>> eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
>> alphabetically & place-wise):
>> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use
>> them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
>> please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the
>> world):
>> http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2190 members &
>> 1,72,300 messages on 31/10/13) or Efloraofindia website:
>> https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database
>> of more than 9000 species & 1,80, 000 images).
>> India'.
>>
>> --
>>

> --

Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Nov 25, 2013, 8:14:29 AM11/25/13
to Nidhan Singh, Tapas Chakrabarty, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy, Vijayasankar Raman, Prashant awale, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Singh, Pravin Kawale
It seems to be Premna sp.
SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar MSc, PhD, FIAT, FLS (on leave for 2 years)
Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

Presently working for the British Aerospace, Riyadh, KSA
NB: Please consider your environmental responsibility! Ask yourself before printing this email !!!

KANNAN

Nov 26, 2013, 9:51:20 AM11/26/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This is not Ruta. You can check the article on Ruta.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23929988

J.M. Garg

Jun 8, 2016, 4:18:26 AM6/8/16
to efloraofindia, Pravin Kawale
A reply:
"For the link below it could be Premna microphylla Turcz. (= Premna japonica Miq.) locally known as Narvel.
Kind regards,
Varun"

Thanks, Varun ji.

Jun 13, 2016, 7:35:42 AM6/13/16
to efloraofindia, Pravin Kawale
Thanks, Varun ji.
Premna microphylla Turcz. does not have any distribution in India as per WCSP.

J.M. Garg

Jun 13, 2016, 8:19:35 AM6/13/16
to efloraofindia, Pravin Kawale
A reply:
"Since this species does not have Indian distribution but due to its medicinal properties it is under trade for so long in Ayurveda and Chinese Medicinal System, even used as a bonsai.
Even I have some saplings at my place. It stinks if rub the leaves. Leaves are opposite decussate.
Kind regards,
Varun"

Thanks a lot, Varun ji.

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 25, 2017, 12:40:35 AM9/25/17
to efloraofindia, Pravin Kawale, Alka
This should be Premna microphylla, for second thread of Jijamata Udyaan plant is also same. In southeast Asia this is also used as Bonsai, and I' m sure photo should be of one of bonsai exhibition in Mumbai.

Kind regards,

Varun

J.M. Garg

May 27, 2019, 8:19:09 AM5/27/19