SK49JUL25-2016:ID

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 25, 2016, 7:05:11 AM7/25/16
to J. M. Garg, efloraofindia

Dear Mr. Garg,

Enclosing some pictures for  identification .

Begonia spp??

Location : Sundarijal Nepal

Altitude: 6000 ft.

Date:  24 July, 2016

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

20160724_133609.jpg
20160724_133527.jpg
20160724_133517.jpg
20160724_133451.jpg
20160724_133151.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 25, 2016, 7:29:42 AM7/25/16
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Yes should be a begonia species.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 26, 2016, 10:33:29 AM7/26/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Mr. Garg,

Looking at the leaf structure it seems Didymocarpus stenanthos var. pilosellus and flowering already over. Sepals resemble.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
1411007206_f4a732dbe4_o.jpg
1411007398_717967be7c_o.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 30, 2016, 3:02:18 AM7/30/16
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Saroj ji.
I somehow feels that it may be some other Didymocarpus species as it does not match exactly with sepals of Didymocarpus stenanthos var. pilosellus as attached by you.
20160724_133609.jpg
20160724_133527.jpg
20160724_133517.jpg
20160724_133451.jpg
20160724_133151.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 3, 2016, 5:48:04 AM8/3/16
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Further their seems to be no distribution in Nepal as per Flora of China

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 3, 2016, 7:31:40 AM8/3/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Mr. Garg,

Yes I also checked . Could it be first sighting in Nepal ? But need ID verification.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 17, 2017, 9:03:22 AM7/17/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
A reply:
"These are I think: Didymocarpus cinereus D. Don

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/indiantreepix/ijB6ZDdWHLU

Regards

Bhas"

Thanks, Bhaskar ji.

From: Bhaskar Adhikari
Date: 17 July 2017 at 15:29
Subject: RE: SK647 14 JUL-2017:ID
To: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>, efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>, "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>

I think these are Berberis mucrifolia.

Regards

Bhas

Date: 9 April 2017 2017

Altitude: 12000 ft.

Berberis mucrifolia Ahrendt  or Berberis ulicina Hook. f. & Thomson

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a charity registered in Scotland (No SC007983)

--

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a charity registered in Scotland (No SC007983)

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 17, 2017, 10:54:35 AM7/17/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Bhaskar ji !

Thank you for the ID finally .

Is the following description excerpted from a book is correct?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 17, 2017, 10:56:11 AM7/17/17
to J.M. Garg, Bhaskar Adhikari, efloraofindia
20170717_191932.jpg

Bhaskar Adhikari

Jul 17, 2017, 11:09:29 AM7/17/17
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia

Dear Saroj ji

I can’t see any problem in the description though it’s not detail enough to identify at species level. The descriptions in Manandhar (2002) are concise and accurate but not always intended for identification at species level.

Regards

Bhas

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 17, 2017, 11:12:31 AM7/17/17
to Bhaskar Adhikari, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you sir!

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 17, 2017, 11:19:07 AM7/17/17
to Bhaskar Adhikari, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you all.

Nepali Names : गौरिनाम Gaurinam / पहरोको कान Paharoko Kaan

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg