ANMAY15/16 Nymphoides cristata (Roxb.) Kuntze

Anurag Sharma

May 3, 2015, 5:06:10 AM5/3/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Family: Menyanthaceae
Date: 30th April 2015
Place: Tumkur district, Karnataka
Habit: Herb
Habitat: Aquatic
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG

Ushadi Micromini

May 3, 2015, 6:48:13 PM5/3/15
to Anurag Sharma, efloraofindia
yes
in favorable situations chokes water bodies

also called snowflake by locals
usha di

Usha di
===========

Anurag Sharma

May 6, 2015, 3:05:11 PM5/6/15
to Ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia
But must not be too bad for water bodies ma'am.
I saw it in three different lakes in two districts and in both places, it occupied a specific part of the lake, near the edges and only in small numbers.

Ushadi Micromini

May 7, 2015, 2:50:11 AM5/7/15
to Anurag Sharma, efloraofindia
yes
every eco system is different
also seasons make a difference

year to year changes occur

people who follow these can tell us more
who have  carefully plotted laboriously compiled data sets

australians keep tabs on weeds
look them up

usha di

--