identification no 280715sn1

Satish Nikam

Jul 28, 2015, 3:17:58 AM7/28/15
to Indiantrees Pics
Friends,
           Kindly help in ID.My guess Habenaria grandifloriformis.
date/time:july14.
location:aambyvalley rd.,lonavala,pune
habitat:wild
plant habit:herb
height:about 1-2 ft.
regards
satish nikam
IMG_1760.jpg-foi.jpg
IMG_1761.jpg-foi.jpg
IMG_1764.jpg-foi.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 1, 2015, 2:45:49 AM8/1/15
to efloraofindia, Satish Nikam

Some earlier relevant feedback:

 efi page on Habenaria grandifloriformis

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

IMG_1760.jpg-foi.jpg
IMG_1761.jpg-foi.jpg
IMG_1764.jpg-foi.jpg

Neil Soares

Aug 1, 2015, 2:57:00 AM8/1/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Satish Nikam
Hi,
 This is Habenaria rariflora.
          With regards,
             Neil Soares.

Aug 1, 2015, 3:56:15 AM8/1/15
to Neil Soares, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Satish Nikam
Satish ji,

            You are right....this is Habenaria grandifloriformis. Neil ji, the leaves are different in H. rariflora.

Regards,
Sweedle

"There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before".
R.W.Lynd

Neil Soares

Aug 1, 2015, 6:24:09 AM8/1/15
to Sweedle Cerejo, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Satish Nikam
Thanks Sweedle. My apologies. Please check these links :

                With regards,
                   Neil Soares.

Aug 4, 2015, 8:20:01 AM8/4/15
to Neil Soares, Sweedle Cerejo, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks Neil,Sweedle and Garg ji for the help.
regards
satish nikam

J.M. Garg

Aug 8, 2015, 1:43:03 AM8/8/15