Syzygium densiflorum Wall. ex Wight & Arn.

Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan

Jun 23, 2018, 9:53:16 PM6/23/18
to efloraofindia

Wild tree near Sagara, Karnataka, fruits small, long
Syz calop.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 25, 2018, 12:34:39 AM6/25/18
to efloraofindia, Santhan P
Thanks, Santhan ji,
We do not have this species so far in efi. It needs to be properly validated.
Do you have any other image?

Syz calop.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 5, 2018, 6:50:41 AM7/5/18
to efloraofindia, Santhan P
We do not have this species so far in efi. It needs to be properly validated.
Do you have any other image?

Jul 14, 2018, 9:12:52 AM7/14/18
to efloraofindia, Santhan P
Hi, Santhan ji,
Does your image look similar to those at  http://www.biotik.org/india/species/s/syzydens/syzydens_en.html
I am not sure.

Wild tree near Sagara, Karnataka, fruits small, long

Syz calop.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 15, 2018, 1:42:15 AM7/15/18
to M Swamy, Santhan P, efloraofindia

On 14 July 2018 at 19:16, M Swamy <swamy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Doubtful ID. Need to check the flowers & fruits.

J.M. Garg

Jul 15, 2018, 10:46:09 PM7/15/18
to Pudji Widodo, efloraofindia, Santhan P
Thanks, Pudji ji

On Mon 16 Jul, 2018, 8:03 AM Pudji Widodo, <pudji...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think, this is smaller than densiflorum.  To me it is closer to S cumini, which is very variable.

Pudji Widodo
Fakultas Biologi Universitas Jenderal Soedirman
PURWOKERTO 53122 INDONESIA

Dr E S Santhosh Kumar

Jul 16, 2018, 10:23:07 AM7/16/18
to J.M. Garg, treepix Indian, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan
GargJi

I dont think SanthanJi's post  belongs to S.densiflorum. It looks like some forms of S. cuminii????

SANTHOSH
Dr. E S SANTHOSH KUMAR MSc, PhD, FIAT, FABSc, FLS
Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute (JNTBG&RI),
Palode, Karimancode P.O.
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala, India
Mobile: +91 8547825373
www.drsanthosh.wikifoundry.com

Please consider your environmental responsibility:Before printing this e-mail, ask yourself whether you need a hard copy!

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 at 18:42, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Santhan ji,
Does your image look similar to those at  http://www.biotik.org/india/species/s/syzydens/syzydens_en.html
I am not sure.

Wild tree near Sagara, Karnataka, fruits small, long

J.M. Garg

Jul 16, 2018, 11:12:37 AM7/16/18
to santhosh kumar es, efloraofindia, Santhan P
Thanks a lot, Santhosh ji.