Boraginaceae herb for Identification MK Dec-01

Muthu Karthick

Dec 3, 2014, 1:49:36 AM12/3/14
to efloraofindia
Dear all,

Please help me in identifying this small herb.

Habitat: fallow land and open-scrub forest floor

Plant height: 1-1.5 feet

Leaf: 5 cm long

Alt.: 300 m asl
Place: near Sathyamangalam RF, TN
Date: 10 Sep 2014

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust

Santhan P

Dec 3, 2014, 11:56:40 PM12/3/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Heliotropium zeylanicum (Burm.f.) Lam.

Muthu Karthick

Jan 27, 2015, 1:09:11 AM1/27/15
to efloraofindia
forwarding again for help in identification
IMG_0135.JPG
IMG_0136.JPG
IMG_0137.JPG
IMG_0140.JPG
IMG_0141.JPG
IMG_0142.JPG
IMG_0143.JPG

Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan

Jan 27, 2015, 3:23:02 AM1/27/15
to Muthu Karthick, efloraofindia
Heliotropium zeylanicum

Muthu Karthick

Jan 27, 2015, 4:56:52 AM1/27/15
to Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan, efloraofindia
Thank you Santhan ji

J.M. Garg

Jul 24, 2016, 7:08:15 AM7/24/16
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Heliotropium zeylanicum (Burm.f.) Lam. - from Santhan ji.

It looks different from Heliotropium zeylanicum as per images at

But seems to match to some extent with images at

Also see
Flora of Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh, India By T. Pullaiah (which states white flowers)

I am puzzled.
Pl. solve this mystery.- from me

Jul 25, 2016, 12:21:15 PM7/25/16
to efloraofindia, nmk...@gmail.com, ponsa...@gmail.com
The posted plant could be of  Heliotropium zeylanicum subsp. paniculatum.

The plants at FoI and Virboga could belong to the typical subspecies, H. zeylanicum subsp. zeylanicum.

J.M. Garg

Jul 26, 2016, 1:04:19 AM7/26/16
to Vijayasankar, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan
Thanks, Vijayasankar ji.
It was a great help.