Himalayan Columbine ABJUN01/01

Ashwini Bhatia

Jun 1, 2015, 11:03:07 AM6/1/15
to efloraofindia
Yesterday on my walk down to a water stream (nullah) with my children I spotted a few of these beautiful flowers. Between 1800 and 1850 m I saw several plants. Here are some of the photographs. Please correct me if I am identifying it wrong.

Himalayan Columbine, Aquilegia pubiflora
Above Dal Lake, Dharamshala, HP
1800-1850m

Thanks.
Ashwini

D.S Rawat

Jun 1, 2015, 11:52:19 AM6/1/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com, ash...@ashwinibhatia.com
Beautiful pics. A nice humble flower with five spurs.
Missing leaves here.
DSRawat Pantnagar

Ushadi Micromini

Jun 1, 2015, 7:07:57 PM6/1/15
to D.S Rawat, efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia
very nice closeups of a short violet columbine

love it

waiting for the leaves like  Rawat said
and basal rosette if there are visible

usha di

Usha di
===========

Nidhan Singh

Jun 1, 2015, 8:57:23 PM6/1/15
to D S Rawat, indiantreepix, ash...@ashwinibhatia.com

Beautiful plant indeed...
Thanks for sharing Ashwini Ji..!!

ash...@ashwinibhatia.com

Jun 2, 2015, 2:53:35 AM6/2/15
to Nidhan Singh, D S Rawat, indiantreepix, Ushadi Micromini
Thank you Nidhan Singh Ji, Dr Rawat and Ushadi. Here are the leaves. If I go again that side I will make more photos. The light was very low that day and it was windy making it difficult to take clear photos.

Regards,
Ashwini

image1.jpeg

D.S Rawat

Jun 2, 2015, 3:11:45 AM6/2/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com, ash...@ashwinibhatia.com, drdsrawat...@gmail.com, micromi...@gmail.com, nidhans...@gmail.com
Thanks for showing leaves too.
Delight to watch.
DSRawat Pantnagar

Ushadi Micromini

Jun 2, 2015, 4:40:09 AM6/2/15
to D.S Rawat, efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia, Nidhan Singh
yes

usha di
--
Usha di
===========

Satish Phadke

Jun 3, 2015, 1:27:02 PM6/3/15
to Ushadi Micromini, D.S Rawat, efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia, Nidhan Singh
Very good presentations!

Dr Satish Phadke

Ashwini Bhatia

May 22, 2016, 12:47:06 PM5/22/16
to efloraofindia, Ushadi Micromini, D.S Rawat, Nidhan Singh, Satish Phadke
Columbines have been out for almost a week and I found several plants today on a mountain path. Here are some photos of the fresh flowers and seed pods.

Aquilegia pubiflora—Himalayan Columbine
Above Dal Lake, Dharamshala, HP
2000m approx.
15 and 22 May 2016

Thanks.
Ashwini

J.M. Garg

May 22, 2016, 8:34:02 PM5/22/16
to Ashwini Bhatia, D.S Rawat, ushadi Micromini, Nidhan Singh, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia

Wonderful snaps

Nidhan Singh

May 22, 2016, 9:12:00 PM5/22/16
to J.M. Garg, Ashwini Bhatia, D.S Rawat, ushadi Micromini, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Complete and detailed....!!!
Thanks Ashwini Ji...!

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Anil Thakur

May 22, 2016, 9:13:19 PM5/22/16
to efloraofindia
Beautiful

Ashwini Bhatia

Jun 28, 2016, 10:40:58 PM6/28/16
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, D.S Rawat, ushadi Micromini, Satish Phadke, Nidhan Singh
And we have the seeds! Shiny black seeds not much bigger than the sesame seeds.

Thanks.
Ashwini

Above Dal Lake, Dharamshala, HP
26June 2016, 1850m.

J.M. Garg

Jun 29, 2016, 12:52:47 AM6/29/16
to Ashwini Bhatia, efloraofindia, D.S Rawat, ushadi Micromini, Satish Phadke, Nidhan Singh
Hi, Ashwini ji,
Your are an expert on flora photography.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).