Plants from Northeast Tour 2017- Herb for id from Cherrapunji

Nidhan Singh

Jul 21, 2017, 2:10:35 AM7/21/17
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

Please provide identity for this herb, recorded from Cherrapunji in Meghalaya..

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227
DSCF1890.JPG
DSCF1895.JPG
DSCF1896.JPG
DSCF1897.JPG

Nidhan Singh

Jul 21, 2017, 2:14:32 AM7/21/17
to indiantreepix
As the flowers are yet to open, hard to ascertain what it comes out to be..an input led me to genus Microchirita..

J.M. Garg

Jul 21, 2017, 9:15:20 AM7/21/17
to Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks, Nidhan ji.
I do not know whether we have something on it in efi site.

J.M. Garg

Jul 30, 2017, 4:45:59 AM7/30/17
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

As the flowers are yet to open, hard to ascertain what it comes out to be..an input led me to genus Microchirita.. - from Nidhan ji

Comparative images available at Gesneriaceae

With regards,
J.M.Garg

DSCF1890.JPG
DSCF1895.JPG
DSCF1896.JPG
DSCF1897.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 8, 2017, 6:33:02 AM8/8/17
to efloraofindia
Didymocarpus is another possibility.
DSRawat Pantnagar

J.M. Garg

Aug 8, 2017, 8:58:49 AM8/8/17
to D.S Rawat, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Thanks, Rawat ji.

J.M. Garg

Mar 14, 2021, 8:21:56 AM3/14/21
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, dipankar borah
It is D.hookerii as per Dipankar ji.

Mar 14, 2021, 11:56:39 AM3/14/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, dipankar borah
Yes Garg Ji, thanks for updating..