Malvaceae Fortnight- Post 54 :: Grewia sp. from Himachal: NS August 39/39

Nidhan Singh

Aug 1, 2015, 11:37:58 AM8/1/15
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

Please provide inputs for id of this tree, seen in H.P. near Renuka Ji..

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227
tn_DSCF6275.JPG
tn_DSCF6288.JPG
tn_DSCF6289.JPG
tn_DSCF6290.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 6, 2015, 1:56:58 AM8/6/15
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Grewia species in eFloraofindia (with details/ keys from published papers/ regional floras/ FRLHT/ FOI/ Biotik/ efloras/ books etc., where ever available on net)

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

tn_DSCF6275.JPG
tn_DSCF6288.JPG
tn_DSCF6289.JPG
tn_DSCF6290.JPG

Mayur Nandikar

Aug 6, 2015, 4:04:55 AM8/6/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Need some fruiting images, most probably Grewia asiatica
Thank you once again!
Mayur D. Nandikar,
Department of Botany,
Goa University,
Taleigao Plateau,
Goa 403 206

J.M. Garg

Aug 6, 2015, 6:52:34 AM8/6/15
to efloraofindia, Mayur Nandikar, Nidhan Singh, Vijay Paithane

need some more image, but primarily loks as G. tilifolia

J.M. Garg

Aug 10, 2015, 6:53:36 AM8/10/15
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Need some fruiting images, most probably Grewia asiatica

Thank you once again! --

Mayur D. Nandikar

need some more image, but primarily loks as G. tilifolia
Dr. Vijay Ashruba Paithane

efi pages on Grewia asiatica & Grewia tiliifolia

to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Thank you for sharing. I have no idea of what this species can be.

Thank you
Regards
surajit koley
a non-botanist member of
efloraofIndia google group

J.M. Garg

mayur nandikar

Dec 19, 2017, 7:08:04 AM12/19/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Yes, for time being will keep in Grewia tilifolia though I have said G. asiatica firstly.
It is a complex!!

Mayur D. Nandikar (Ph.D. Botany)
Head Scientist,
Naoroji Godrej Centre for Plant Research (NGCPR)
c/o Lawkim Motors Division
431, Village Shindewadi, Post Shirwal,
Dist: Satara, Maharashtra, India 412 801
Office 02169-244401 (Ext 640)
www.ngcpr.org

Scopus ID 36495332200
ORCID ID: orcid.org/0000-0001-8626-3669

J.M. Garg

Dec 19, 2017, 8:45:32 AM12/19/17
to MayurNandikar, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Thanks, Mayur ji.