Little yellow flower in Myanmar

Paul Cabrol

Jan 9, 2017, 9:48:38 AM1/9/17
to efloraofindia
​Hello!
I want identification of this flower.
I can not even find the family!

​Photos prises le 14-10-2016, altitude 350met; à Hpa-an, Etat Kayin, Myanmar

Thank for your reponse
Paul

J.M. Garg

Jan 9, 2017, 11:24:21 AM1/9/17
to Paul Cabrol, efloraofindia

Very beautiful images, Paul ji

J.M. Garg

Jan 22, 2017, 2:51:53 AM1/22/17
to efloraofindia, Paul Cabrol

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Jan 23, 2017, 1:36:40 AM1/23/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paul Cabrol
Looks close to Corydalis sp. (Papaveraceae). Not sure though!

Regards,
Ritesh

J.M. Garg

Jan 24, 2017, 4:49:09 AM1/24/17
to efloraofindia
Thanks, Samiran ji.

Feb 5, 2017, 11:30:50 PM2/5/17
to efloraofindia
Feb 5, 2017, 11:31:19 PM2/5/17
to efloraofindia, Paul Cabrol
Thanks a lot, Pradeep ji.

From: Paul Cabrol
Date: 9 January 2017 at 20:18
To: efloraofindia

​Hello!I want identification of this flower.I can not even find the family!

J.M. Garg

Feb 18, 2017, 4:35:49 AM2/18/17
to efloraofindia, Paul Cabrol
Feb 16, 2021, 6:47:54 AM2/16/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Polygala species ?- Myanmar
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 16, 2021, 6:48:53 AM2/16/21
to indiantreepix, paulca...@gmail.com
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Polygala species ?- Myanmar
Group discussion at

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 16, 2021, 8:28:33 AM2/16/21
to efloraindia, Paul Cabrol, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg
Polygala cardiocarpa Kurz syn : Polygala lacei Craib
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 18, 2021, 1:29:44 PM2/18/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Paul Cabrol
Polygala cardiocarpa Kurz syn : Polygala lacei Craib

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 23, 2021, 2:31:11 AM2/23/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, Paul Cabrol
While going through the net, I found some images of the stated plant on Facebook. But I found that redish portion of the flower is missing here.
On further checking I found this at FPCN for Polygala lacei Craib (as per Flora of China).
Flora of China says that "A similar species Polygala cardiocarpa has been mistakenly confused with this one, but it does not occur in China". But both POWO and Catalogue of Life treat  Polygala lacei Craib as a syn. of Polygala cardiocarpa Kurz.

On further checking Flora of China gives the following keys:
30 (29)Plant branching from upper part of stem, corymbose, branchlets thin; leaf blade ovate-deltoid or ovate; capsule broadly obcordate, ca. 2 mm across; seeds ovoid, tuberculate or punctate, without wings. 25 P. isocarpa
+Plant branching from lower part of stem, branchlets stout; leaf blade ovate; capsule subglobose or subsquare, apex retuse, winged; seeds with appendage (31)

31 (30)Stem not fleshy; capsule globose or subsquare, ca. 3 mm across; seeds ellipsoidal, exotesta tuberculate, with a black, shiny appendage. 23 P. lacei

If we go by the keys, fruit appears closer to Polygala isocarpa Chodat as per FoC illustration
But both POWO and CoL do not give its distribution outside China.

On checking for Polygala cardiocarpa Kurz. with GBIF -  High resolution specimen  High resolution specimen 2, the posted plant appears close.
However, GBIF for Polygala isocarpa Chodat also shows specimens (specimen 1 and specimen 2- determined in 1976) from Myanmar (Burma), which look similar to the posted plant. Possibly these have to be redetermined and need to be shifted to Polygala cardiocarpa Kurz. as there is no distribution of this species in Myanmar. similar specimen, determined as Polygala isocarpa Chodat in 1976, was determined as Polygala cardiocarpa Kurz. in 1995.

So we finally take the posted plant as Polygala cardiocarpa Kurz.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 23, 2021, 11:55:22 AM2/23/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, Paul Cabrol

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju