Fabaceae (Faboideae) Fortnight :: Smithia setulosa :: n Western Ghats :: DVOCT115

Dinesh Valke

Oct 19, 2015, 8:05:52 AM10/19/15

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Apr 23, 2017, 4:25:49 AM4/23/17
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
Hi, Dinesh ji,
Can there be two plants here ? One being as per post by Anurag ji at ANMAR28/48 Smithia sp. for identification, which may be Smithia blanda
Pl. check with original images & let us know.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Dinesh Valke

Apr 23, 2017, 6:43:44 AM4/23/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
I think no; and I have strong doubts of Smithia blanda distributed in northern Wesern Ghats

J.M. Garg

Apr 23, 2017, 7:06:49 AM4/23/17
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Thanks, Dinesh ji,
This is what ILDIS says:
Smithia blanda Wall. (India (N) ; Gujarat ; Karnataka ; Kerala ; Maharashtra ; Tamil Nadu as per ILDIS)
Smithia setulosa Dalzell (Bangladesh (N); China (N); Guizhou ; Sichuan ; Yunnan ; India (N); Assam; Karnataka ; Kerala; Madhaya Pradesh ; Maharashtra; Manipur ; Meghalaya ; Nagaland ; Rajasthan; Sikkim ; Tamil Nadu ; West Bengal;  Laos (N) ; Sri Lanka (N) ; Thailand (N) as per ILDIS)

J.M. Garg

Apr 23, 2017, 7:07:35 AM4/23/17
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Do you find Anurag ji's plant same as yours ?

Dinesh Valke

Apr 23, 2017, 7:44:45 AM4/23/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Ah, thanks Garg ji. I had not known about this distribution fact.
I do not think there are two plants; hoping someone validates this possibility.
Regards.
Dinesh