Which Canscora species

Rajesh Sachdev

Jan 4, 2012, 9:38:22 AM1/4/12
to efloraindia
Flowering observed in mid of October in Kanha Tiger Reserve (Part of
Satpuda range and Maikal Range - Madhya Pradesh). Is it Canscora
Pauciflora (Which is otherwise suppose to be endemic to Western Ghat
Complex).

Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

PA160261.JPG

Nayan Singh

Jan 4, 2012, 10:05:44 AM1/4/12
to Rajesh Sachdev, efloraindia
is it Canscora decussata????
Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests (Wild Life)
o/o PCCF (WL) Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal
08349591560
From: Rajesh Sachdev <leopa...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM
PA160261.JPG

Giby Kuriakose

Feb 21, 2012, 7:47:15 AM2/21/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Rajesh Sachdev
Without additional information and pictures to see the habit leaves and calyx it would be difficult to reach id confirmation.
My guess is C. diffusa but has to check the same with any reliable flora.

Regards
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Rajesh Sachdev

Feb 21, 2012, 8:13:38 AM2/21/12
to Giby Kuriakose, efloraindia
Gibby Saheb,
I haven`t seen C diffusa having white color flowers..... usually it is pink . And  mid of october, in my per se is too early for this tiny herb.

Prabhu kumar KM

Feb 23, 2012, 10:55:43 PM2/23/12
to Rajesh Sachdev, Giby Kuriakose, efloraindia

I Agree with Gibyji,

From the image it seems to be C. diffusa. The species shows colour variation from pink to white.

--
Prabhu Kumar K M
Scientist

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 1, 2016, 6:39:46 PM12/1/16
to efloraofindia
PA160261.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 21, 2017, 12:18:44 PM5/21/17
to efloraofindia, Rajesh Sachdev, Rajesh Sachdev, Prabhu kumar KM, Nayan Singh
From winged calyx, it should be Canscora perfoliata Lam.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg