Lamiaceae for ID ABAUG2016/56

Ashwini Bhatia

Aug 22, 2016, 10:16:07 AM8/22/16
to indian...@googlegroups.com
The flower reminded me of Isodon but I can’t place it. Please help with the ID.

Mcleodganj-Triund Trek,
2100m approx.

Thanks.
Ashwini

Nidhan Singh

Aug 22, 2016, 10:23:58 AM8/22/16
to Ashwini Bhatia, indiantreepix

Yes Ashwini Ji,
Please check Isodon lopanthoides....!!!

Ashwini Bhatia

Aug 22, 2016, 11:38:21 AM8/22/16
to Nidhan Singh, indiantreepix
Thank you again Nidhan Sigh ji. I had thought so too initially but the leaves in photos on the internet look so different (my sample looks closer to a spurge) that I dismissed that thought. The leaves on my sample are thick and leathery with tips curved up on the ones on top. Do you think it’s just a variation? Please advise.

Thanks and regards,
Ashwini

J.M. Garg

Aug 22, 2016, 8:24:15 PM8/22/16
to Ashwini Bhatia, efloraofindia

Thanks, Ashwini ji for the nice photos.

J.M. Garg

Aug 26, 2016, 7:11:03 AM8/26/16
to efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Yes Ashwini Ji,
Please check Isodon lopanthoides....!!!- from Nidhan ji

Thank you again Nidhan Sigh ji. I had thought so too initially but the leaves in photos on the internet look so different (my sample looks closer to a spurge) that I dismissed that thought. The leaves on my sample are thick and leathery with tips curved up on the ones on top. Do you think it’s just a variation? Please advise.

Thanks and regards,
Ashwini

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

J.M. Garg

Sep 1, 2016, 3:06:18 AM9/1/16
to efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Yes Ashwini Ji,
Please check Isodon lopanthoides....!!!- from Nidhan ji

Thank you again Nidhan Sigh ji. I had thought so too initially but the leaves in photos on the internet look so different (my sample looks closer to a spurge) that I dismissed that thought. The leaves on my sample are thick and leathery with tips curved up on the ones on top. Do you think it’s just a variation? Please advise.

Thanks and regards,
Ashwini

Does not match with images of Isodon lopanthoides at
Dec 4, 2016, 2:00:21 AM12/4/16
to efloraofindia
This is like a cat nip similar.type of plant.

J.M. Garg

Sep 9, 2017, 12:39:01 PM9/9/17
to efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Ashwini Bhatia
Upper leaves appear a bit deformed. In the leaves there is a lot of variation as can be seen at Isodon lophanthoides (Buch.-Ham. ex D.Don) H.Hara
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Ashwini Bhatia

Sep 9, 2017, 10:17:39 PM9/9/17
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com, Nidhan Singh
Thank you Mr Garg. Nidhan Singh ji had kindly pointed out the variation in leaves last year too.

Thank you for re-examining it. I am looking forward to returning soon and finding these plants flowering.

With best regards,
Ashwini