07042013 BRS 470

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

Apr 7, 2013, 4:46:51 AM4/7/13
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,

Pl. find the attached file contain photo for id. confirmation.

Date: 02.04.2013
Location: Adyar (Theosophical Society) Chennai.

Habitat: garden
Habit: Tree

Thanks

--
B. Rathinasabapathy
Ecologist

for id.jpg
for id.1jpg.jpg

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Apr 7, 2013, 2:04:45 PM4/7/13
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia
Gustavia angustifolia of Lecythidaceae family

Dr Santhosh

--

---

SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar MSc, PhD, FIAT, FLS (on leave for 2 years)
Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

Presently working for the British Aerospace, Riyadh, KSA
NB: Please consider your environmental responsibility! Ask yourself before printing this email !!!

Prabhu kumar KM

Apr 8, 2013, 12:15:24 AM4/8/13
to Dr Santhosh Kumar, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia
Yes, I agree with Santhoshji, and very good photos too
Prabhu Kumar K M
Scientist
Plant Systematics & Genetic Resources Division
Centre for Medicinal Plants Research (CMPR)
& 'CMPR' Herbarium
Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala
Kottakkal, Malappuram

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

Apr 8, 2013, 8:58:29 AM4/8/13
to Prabhu kumar KM, Dr Santhosh Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks Santhosh Ji and Prabhu Ji.

BRS

--
*B. Rathinasabapathy
Ecologist*

J.M. Garg

Oct 19, 2017, 4:28:21 AM10/19/17
to efloraofindia, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Prabhu kumar KM
I think does not matches with specimen & images of Gustavia angustifolia Benth. at https://www.gbif.org/species/5383774
It appears more close to images at Gustavia augusta L.

--

---

With regards,
J.M.Garg