Year 2015- A transformative year for efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Jan 3, 2016, 4:24:13 AM1/3/16
to efloraofindia
Dear members,
It think it was a transformative year to us.
Efi site got a facelift with it becoming flexible & compatible for mobile surfing along with giving better surfing experience in form of subpage listings.
We continued our work on listing all Indian species as far as possible on genera pages along with all the online references giving details. However, this work has to be stopped in between as we have a new priority area of inserting images at species & genera pages. This area we always looked for since the beginning of our site, but never found the right ideas earlier to do it. already 6000 images has been inserted & there is a scope of inserting upto 50,000 images. Thus we have a challenging new year ahead of us. Comparative images at genera pages will always be sought after by everybody for identification of their images. This work also help in enhancing the accuracy of efi site & make it more user friendly. What is now required is more expert hands in doing so.
We continued to come closer to more & more experts & involve them in our work in one way or the other. One example being the Database of Publications
This all was continued with our regular activities, although it was intentionally curtailed in last two months to bring about transformation in the form of Inserting images.
For more details, pl. see Efloraofindia's journey
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images).

Ushadi Micromini

Jan 3, 2016, 7:04:31 AM1/3/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
yes an eventful year