Cirsium arvense (L.) Scop.

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 28, 2016, 11:00:15 AM9/28/16
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Sharing some pictures I guess is Cirsium arvense (L.) Scop. shot at the Khardung Village Leh on 21 August 2014 .

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0493.JPG
DSC_0495.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 28, 2016, 11:24:35 AM9/28/16
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Please consider C. verutum.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 28, 2016, 12:49:49 PM9/28/16
to Gurcharan Singh, J. M. Garg, efloraofindia

Dear Dr. Singh,

Altitude do not match .

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Nidhan Singh

Sep 29, 2016, 3:06:53 AM9/29/16
to Saroj Kasaju, Gurcharan Singh, J. M. Garg, efloraofindia
This dos not like Cirisium arvense...
--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 29, 2016, 3:52:09 AM9/29/16
to Nidhan Singh, Gurcharan Singh, J. M. Garg, efloraofindia
What could it be at that altitude?

chrischa...@btinternet.com

Sep 29, 2016, 8:26:40 PM9/29/16
to efloraofindia, jmg...@gmail.com
This does seem to match Cirsium arvense - which is very common in wet or poorly drained soils or on the banks of irrigation ditches, from the plains to 4300m in Ladakh. I even find it as weed in my garden in the UK!  Some divide it into a number of varieties.  As for C.verutum (which Stewart had as a synonym for C.argyracanthum this is not recorded for Ladakh but known from N.Pakistan & Jammu @ 300-2800m.