Plant for ID :: Devgad, Konkan :: May 2017 - ARKMAY08

Alka Khare

May 16, 2017, 1:22:24 AM5/16/17
to efloraofindia
Hello friends

Saw this tree by the side of a salt water creek near Devgad, Konkan, MH in May 2017. I did not see any flowers or fruits however.

Requested to provide ID.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare
Type03_IMG_9610.JPG
Type03_IMG_9611.JPG
Type03_IMG_9608.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 16, 2017, 5:17:51 AM5/16/17
to Alka, efloraofindia
Thanks, Alka ji

radha veach

May 16, 2017, 10:03:31 PM5/16/17
to efloraofindia
It seems to be Salvadora persica. I can see at least one small pink fruit in the second and third image.

regards
Radha

J.M. Garg

May 17, 2017, 12:53:27 AM5/17/17
to radha veach, efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
Thanks, Radha ji.

Aarti S. Khale

May 17, 2017, 1:22:32 AM5/17/17
to J.M. Garg, radha veach, efloraofindia
Yes Radha Ji.
Very sharp observation.
I could also see the tiny pink flower/fruit in the second and third images.
Couldn't think of an id.
Regards,
Aarti

Alka Khare

May 17, 2017, 1:24:11 AM5/17/17
to efloraofindia, radha...@gmail.com, aarti...@gmail.com
Thanks Radha ji for the ID. I had missed the pink fruit.

Are the fruits of any use. Is it that someone may have removed the fruits for a purpose or they may have naturally fallen off?

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 10:23:27 AM UTC+5:30, JM Garg wrote:
Thanks, Radha ji.

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 10:52:24 AM UTC+5:30, Alka Khare wrote:
Hello friends

Saw this tree by the side of a salt water creek near Devgad, Konkan, MH in May 2017. I did not see any flowers or fruits however.

Requested to provide ID.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare

Aarti S. Khale

May 17, 2017, 1:32:40 AM5/17/17
to Alka Khare, efloraofindia, radhaveach
Garg Ji,
Don't know about the fruits. Probably they have fallen off.
This is Meswak, quite common along the coast of Oman.
Aarti

J.M. Garg

May 26, 2017, 5:44:55 AM5/26/17
to Alka Khare, efloraofindia, radha veach, Aarti S. Khale
Quite possible as fruit are edible. Pl. see more details at please id the plant

With regards,
J.M.Garg