Urticaceae? ABJUL01/25

Ashwini Bhatia

Jul 17, 2016, 11:59:46 PM7/17/16
to efloraofindia
This one is from my walk to Triund more than a week back. I thought it to be a member of the Urticaceae family. Please advise.

Above Mcleodganj, Dharamshala, HP
2300m approx.

Thanks.
Ashwini

J.M. Garg

Jul 18, 2016, 12:58:47 AM7/18/16
to Ashwini Bhatia, efloraofindia
Thanks, Ashwini ji, for these beautiful images.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

J.M. Garg

Jul 21, 2016, 1:48:45 AM7/21/16
to efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia

Forwarding  again for Id assistance please.

J.M. Garg

Jul 24, 2016, 3:46:59 AM7/24/16
to efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia
Forwarding  again for Id assistance please.

to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia

www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers

Anil Thakur

Jul 24, 2016, 10:50:51 PM7/24/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia
Can it be Lecanthus wallichii ???

Regards

--
With best Regards,

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

Ashwini Bhatia

Jul 24, 2016, 11:03:05 PM7/24/16
to Tabish, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you Tabish ji. I am attaching my photo of what I think is Pilea umbrosa. The leaves are larger, flowers on frilly forking spikes. The sample I posted had smaller leaves and flowers clustered around the stem. Please advise.

Regards,
Ashwini

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 1:16 PM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Forwarding  again for Id assistance please.

This one is from my walk to Triund more than a week back. I thought it to be a member of the Urticaceae family. Please advise.

Above Mcleodganj, Dharamshala, HP
2300m approx.

Thanks.
Ashwini

<_MG_3030_09July2016.jpg><_MG_3032_09July2016.jpg><_MG_3049_09July2016.jpg>

Ashwini Bhatia

Jul 24, 2016, 11:08:14 PM7/24/16
to Anil Thakur, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you Anil ji. The flowers were not on a stalked disc but hugging the main stem so it isn’t likely to be L. peduncularis. Attached are photos of Lecanthus peduncularis.

Regards,
Ashwini

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 24, 2016, 11:27:58 PM7/24/16
to Ashwini Bhatia, Anil Thakur, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
I think neither Pilea umbrosa not Lecanthes. It would be interesting to know this plant.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

Ashwini Bhatia

Jul 24, 2016, 11:32:07 PM7/24/16
to Gurcharan Singh, Anil Thakur, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Tabish Qureshi
Thank you Dr Singh. I have the same opinion. I will see if I can trek to Triund in the coming days and look at the plant more closely.

Regards,
Ashwini

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 8:08 PM, Ashwini Bhatia <ash...@ashwinibhatia.com> wrote:
Thank you Anil ji. The flowers were not on a stalked disc but hugging the main stem so it isn’t likely to be L. peduncularis. Attached are photos of Lecanthus peduncularis.

Regards,
Ashwini

<_MG_6491_19July15.JPG>
<_MG_9653_19July2016.jpg>

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 24, 2016, 11:50:47 PM7/24/16
to Ashwini Bhatia, Anil Thakur, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Tabish Qureshi
I think Pouzolzia zeylanica

I must mention that P. zeylanica on Flowers of India is wrongly identified. It clearly has alternate leaves, whereas Pouzolzia hs opposite leaves.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

Ashwini Bhatia

Jul 24, 2016, 11:58:13 PM7/24/16
to Gurcharan Singh, Anil Thakur, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Tabish Qureshi
Thank you Dr Singh. The pattern of flowers is very similar to my sample. You mention that there is a great variation in this species. Is it why the leaves on my specimen are very different, being ovate and toothed in stead of narrow and entire in your sample? Please advise.

Thanks and regards,
Ashwini

J.M. Garg

Jul 28, 2016, 8:04:25 AM7/28/16
to efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia, Gurcharan Singh, Tabish Qureshi, Anil Thakur

Forwarding  again for Id assistance please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

[...]

J.M. Garg

Aug 12, 2016, 12:51:17 AM8/12/16
to efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia, Gurcharan Singh, Tabish Qureshi, Anil Thakur
It does not appear to be a ‎Pouzolzia species as per comparative images herein.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

J.M. Garg

Sep 5, 2019, 7:05:26 AM9/5/19
to efloraofindia, Ashwini Bhatia, Saroj Kasaju
I think this will also be Chamabainia cuspidata as identified by Dr. Fu in another email.