Gomphrena globosa Linn. ? from Hooghly 25/10/12 sk

surajit koley

Oct 25, 2012, 2:16:47 PM10/25/12
to efloraofindia
Sir,

One of my students took a twig from his garden and wanted me to ID this plant. I think i have seen this plant in other gardens as well.

Species : Gomphrena globosa Linn. ?
H & H : ornamental herb
Date : 21/9/12, 3.30 p.m.
Place : Hooghly

Thank you & Regards,

surajit

orn_DSCN2244.jpg
orn_DSCN2246.jpg
orn_DSCN2248.jpg
orn_DSCN2249.jpg
orn_DSCN2250.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 25, 2012, 4:41:40 PM10/25/12
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Yes Surajit ji
very common garden plant.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

surajit koley

Oct 25, 2012, 9:55:30 PM10/25/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Good morning/evening Sir,

Thank you for the ID, now i can tell my student the botanical name of his plant.

Regards,

surajit

Mani Nair

Oct 26, 2012, 12:11:04 AM10/26/12
to surajit koley, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Dear Surajit ji, plants looks very beautiful when in flower.  Here in Mumbai during festivals we get lots of flowers in the market.

Regards,

Mani

surajit koley

Oct 26, 2012, 11:57:07 AM10/26/12
to Mani Nair, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Dear Mani Ji,

I am very naive on flora, as you know since our fb days! After spending about a year in eFI i have learned only a few wild species. Maybe i will start on garden species as well.

Thank you & Regards,

surajit