Plant for ID, Sikkim NAW-JUL16-15

Nadeem Waqif

Jul 9, 2016, 9:28:23 AM7/9/16
to efloraofindia
Kindly identify this plant with white flowers tinged with reddish hair, photographed in June 2015 in South Sikkim.
3 sikkim white flower with red hair.JPG
3 sikkim white flower with red hair flower.JPG
3 sikkim white flower with red hair flowerhair.JPG

gurinder goraya

J.M. Garg

Jul 10, 2016, 12:57:02 AM7/10/16
to Nadeem Waqif, efloraofindia
Thanks, Nadeem ji,
Pl. check comparative images of different species in efi at Begonia if you find any match.

On 9 July 2016 at 18:58, Nadeem Waqif <nadeem...@gmail.com> wrote:
Kindly identify this plant with white flowers tinged with reddish hair, photographed in June 2015 in South Sikkim.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

Nadeem Waqif

Jul 10, 2016, 3:14:47 AM7/10/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Sir i checked the begonia page but the red hair on the petals dont seem to be evident on any of them and the leaf shape also doesnt match any.

J.M. Garg

Jul 10, 2016, 3:35:36 AM7/10/16
to Nadeem Waqif, efloraofindia
Thanks, Nadeem.
Than it must be something new for efi.

J.M. Garg

Jul 14, 2016, 1:54:35 AM7/14/16
to efloraofindia, Nadeem Waqif

Forwarding  again for Id assistance please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Some Begonia spp.- from Gurinder ji

Pl. check comparative images of different species in efi at Begonia if you find any match.- from me

i checked the begonia page but the red hair on the petals dont seem to be evident on any of them and the leaf shape also doesnt match any.- from Nadeem ji

3 sikkim white flower with red hair.JPG
3 sikkim white flower with red hair flower.JPG
3 sikkim white flower with red hair flowerhair.JPG

sanjyoti234

Jul 15, 2016, 7:34:21 AM7/15/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Nadeem Waqif
Begonia

*** This message has been sent using GIONEE P3 ***

J.M. Garg

Jul 15, 2016, 8:04:09 AM7/15/16
to efloraofindia, Nadeem Waqif
Thanks, Sanjyoti ji.

J.M. Garg

Mar 22, 2018, 6:22:11 AM3/22/18
to efloraofindia, Nadeem Waqif
Thanks a lot, Mark ji.

From: Nadeem Waqif <nadeem...@gmail.com>
Date: 9 July 2016 at 18:58

To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a charity registered in Scotland (No SC007983)

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kumar Kasaju

Dec 27, 2020, 8:22:33 AM12/27/20
to efloraofindia
Begonia palmata D.Don  looks good.
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 4:07:11 PM UTC+5:45 JM Garg wrote:
Thanks a lot, Mark ji.

May I request for help if possible in this and a few more cases.

Kindly identify this plant with white flowers tinged with reddish hair, photographed in June 2015 in South Sikkim.

J.M. Garg

Dec 27, 2020, 9:13:24 AM12/27/20
to efloraofindia, Nadeem Waqif, Saroj Kasaju

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 27, 2020, 9:13:41 AM12/27/20
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Nadeem Waqif

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 29, 2021, 11:09:21 AM6/29/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Begonia palmata ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 29, 2021, 11:10:20 AM6/29/21
to indiantreepix, Nadeem Waqif
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Begonia palmata ?
Group discussion at

3 sikkim white flower with red hair flower.JPG
3 sikkim white flower with red hair flowerhair.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 17, 2021, 11:43:23 AM7/17/21
to efloraofindia, Nadeem Waqif
Forwarding again.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 17, 2021, 12:52:20 PM7/17/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Nadeem Waqif

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAHiXKpVq8oGV5zZQXbuVOe3ppnrfDbJberWJbx%2Bf480cbGQVLg%40mail.gmail.com.