Leibtitzia nepalensis (Asteraceae) from Uttarakhand: DSR_Sept. 2017_07

D.S Rawat

Sep 22, 2017, 11:29:07 AM9/22/17
to efloraofindia, jmgarg1

Leibnitzia nepalensis (Asteraceae) was noticed by me in few alpine zones. This time I managed to photograph it in our Ralam- Barjikang Pass trekking in Pithoragarh District, Uttarakhand.

This image was photographed few kms above Ralam village at about 4000m elevation on 5th Sept. 2017.

The type image is available in Herbcat:

http://apps.kew.org/herbcat/getImage.do?imageBarcode=K000250144

To my surprise it is new genus and species for eFI.

DSRawat Pantnagar
Dr D.S. Rawat
Department of Biological Sciences, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology Pantnagar-263 145 Uttarakhand, INDIA
eflorapantnagar displaying wild flora of Pantnagar
L.nepalensis_DSR.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 25, 2017, 12:44:30 AM9/25/17
to D.S Rawat, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot,  Rawat ji,  for this new addition.