Polygonaceae : Bistorta macrophylla (D.Don) Sojok or Bistorta milletii H. Lev ??

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 26, 2014, 6:43:29 AM9/26/14
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Mr. Garg,

Please validate .

Date: 23-25 Aug, 2014

Location: Dolakha,  Nepal

Altitude : 8000 to 12000  ft.at different locations.

Thank you and best wishes.

Saroj
DSC_1113.JPG
DSC_0120.JPG
DSC_0988.JPG
DSC_0989.JPG
DSC_1073.JPG

D.S Rawat

Sep 27, 2014, 8:30:00 AM9/27/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com, jmg...@gmail.com
Beautiful pictures!
To me it resembles to B. macrophylla.
DSRawat Pantnagar

J.M. Garg

Oct 4, 2014, 4:44:31 AM10/4/14
to efloraofindia, D.S Rawat, Saroj Kasaju

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Beautiful pictures!

To me it resembles to B. macrophylla.
DSRawat Pantnagar

efi page on Bistorta macrophylla

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

DSC_1113.JPG
DSC_0120.JPG
DSC_0988.JPG
DSC_0989.JPG
DSC_1073.JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 5, 2014, 12:04:54 AM10/5/14
to efloraofindia, D.S Rawat, Saroj Kasaju
A reply:
"I also agree with Rawatji comments.
Krishan Lal"

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 8, 2014, 6:51:44 AM10/8/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, D.S Rawat
Dear Mr. Garg,

Further ID  validation request .

Bistorta vivipara (L.) S.F.Gray

Same location as above.

Thank you and best wishes.

Saroj
DSC_0025.JPG
DSC_0023.JPG
DSC_0024.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 10, 2018, 12:09:26 PM2/10/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, D.S Rawat
ID validation for both entry please !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 20, 2018, 3:04:06 AM2/20/18
to efloraofindia, D.S Rawat, Saroj Kasaju
May be Rawat ji & Ritesh ji can guide us better for differences between the two species: Bistorta vivipara & Bistorta macrophylla
With regards,
J.M.Garg

DSC_1113.JPG
DSC_0120.JPG
DSC_0988.JPG
DSC_0989.JPG
DSC_1073.JPG

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Feb 20, 2018, 3:51:33 AM2/20/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, D.S Rawat, Saroj Kasaju
I will go with Rawat sir's ID.

As per flora of China, one of the major differences between B. vivipara and B. macrophylla is the presence of bulbills in the lower parts of the inflorescence in P. vivipara.

I cannot see any bulbil in the posted images. The compact inflorescence type also matches well with B. macrophylla.

Therefore, I am more convinced with B. macrophylla (D.Don) Sojak

Best regards,
Ritesh

J.M. Garg

Feb 20, 2018, 11:03:21 PM2/20/18
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia, D.S Rawat, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Ritesh ji.

J.M. Garg

Mar 2, 2018, 5:53:01 AM3/2/18
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
In view of Ritesh ji's comments, these may also be of Bistorta macrophylla
With regards,
J.M.Garg

DSC_0025.JPG
DSC_0023.JPG