Garden Plant For ID : Kenya : 15AUG16 : AK-14 : 14/14

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 15, 2016, 1:40:07 AM8/15/16
to efloraofindia
Cultivated, garden plant seen in July,16.
Zingiberaceae Family?
Aarti
IMG_1527.JPG
IMG_1529.JPG
P1130970.JPG
P1130970-Cropped.JPG
P1130973.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 15, 2016, 4:03:34 AM8/15/16
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia

Thanks, Aarti ji

J.M. Garg

Aug 21, 2016, 3:30:51 AM8/21/16
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

IMG_1527.JPG
IMG_1529.JPG
P1130970.JPG
P1130970-Cropped.JPG
P1130973.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 22, 2016, 12:37:21 AM8/22/16
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
Thanks, Sabu ji.

Aug 22, 2016, 1:53:26 AM8/22/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Garg Ji, Sabu Ji,
Thanks a lot for the suggested id.
From the given clue, I tried searching further.
Could it be Marantochloa purpurea as per this link?

This is just a suggested id.
Thanks again.
Regards,
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 22, 2016, 1:59:13 AM8/22/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia

Ushadi Micromini

Aug 29, 2016, 11:02:37 PM8/29/16
to Aarti S. Khale, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
No
your  links show  leaves " growing HABIT AND SIZE SHAPE ETC TO BE DIFFERENT

dR sABU SAId iNDIANTHUS.....

USHA DI
Usha di
===========

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 4, 2021, 7:55:00 AM4/4/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Group discussion at
Thanks, Sabu ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

Usha di
===========

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 4, 2021, 7:55:47 AM4/4/21
to indiantreepix, Aarti S. Khale
Apr 4, 2021, 8:28:56 AM4/4/21
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Gurcharan Ji,
Thanks for forwarding my post from Kenya.
Regards,
Aarti

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 4, 2021, 10:42:41 AM4/4/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh
POWO describes no distribution of  any Marantochloa sp. from Kenya ,
however it resembles with Marantochloa alba A.C.Ley !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Aarti S. Khale

Apr 4, 2021, 12:45:45 PM4/4/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Gurcharan Singh
Saroj Ji,
Thanks for the suggested id.
This was a cultivated plant in a resort.
Cultivated plants need not have a distribution in any particular country, is my guess.

Regards,
Aarti

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAEf%3DytSYDQcTC7%3DV212Gpb%2B22NV50RjMyHNswmUJSFgdSWbNkQ%40mail.gmail.com.