Pogostemon sp. for ID

M Sawmliana

Jul 13, 2014, 10:28:34 PM7/13/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Location : Hmuifang
Altitude : c.1,500 m.
Habit : herb or shrub
Habitat : Wild
Date : 25-11-2013

Regards,
M.Sawmliana
Pogostemon sp..JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 21, 2014, 1:54:23 AM7/21/14
to efloraofindia, msawm...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Pogostemon-  species in India & eFloraofindia with details & some keys

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2380 members & 1,93,000 messages on 30/6/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Pogostemon sp..JPG

D.S Rawat

Jul 21, 2014, 2:33:39 AM7/21/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, msawm...@gmail.com
Pogostemon benghalensis (Burm.f.) Kuntze

DSRawat Pantnagar

Dr D.S.Rawat
Department of Biological Sciences, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology Pantnagar-263 145 Uttarakhand, INDIA

J.M. Garg

Jul 21, 2014, 2:52:34 AM7/21/14
to efloraofindia, msawm...@gmail.com, D.S Rawat
A reply:
"This is a Pogostemon esholtzoides, distributed in NE parts of India and in some SE Asian countries.

DR. V. SAMPATH KUMAR
Scientist,
Central National Herbarium,
Botanical Survey of India,
B. Garden (P.O),
HOWRAH -711 103,
W. Bengal, INDIA."

Thanks, Dr. Sampath.

M Sawmliana

Jul 26, 2014, 9:44:46 PM7/26/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much Dr. V.Sampat Kumar ji for the id