seedpod : Bauhinia x blakeana from Hooghly

surajit koley

Apr 12, 2012, 10:53:12 AM4/12/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Sir,

Attaching seedpod images of the same tree that i uploaded sometimes in January this year - https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/indiantreepix/bauhinia$20x$20blakeana/indiantreepix/2fer1UHmLTI/X2wqPw3W38kJ

Species : Bauhinia x blakeana
Habit & Habitat : garden tree
Date : 01-04-2012 & 12-04-2012
Place : Nalikul (Hooghly), WB

====================================
====================================

Thank you & Regards,

Surajit Koley

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 12, 2012, 11:39:25 AM4/12/12
to surajit koley, indian...@googlegroups.com
Surajit ji
As far as I know Bauhinia x blakeana is a hybrid propagated vegetatively. It does not set seeds.

Your tree must be some thing different.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

surajit koley

Apr 12, 2012, 1:30:30 PM4/12/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia

Sir,

This new laptop behaves erratic, thereby pasting the link at the top of my earlier mail. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Surajit
Apr 17, 2012, 10:33:32 PM4/17/12
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Such reports often appear but one is not sure whether the person is talking about the real B. x blakeana or some cultivar of B. variegata which also has larger flowers with five stamens and broader petals, and does show variation in colour.

surajit koley

Apr 18, 2012, 1:18:04 PM4/18/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Good evening Sir.... it's very nice to hear/read you again, was missing you these days.

I understand that all data available in the net is not correct, actually authentic data comes only from a very few websites. That's why we need experts to moderate discussions. Besides it needs gene exploration to establish some identity with zero error.

I understand, because of data deficiency, it would had been better if i used a title like "seedpod : Bauhinia sp." for this post.

Thank you & Regards,

Surajit Koley

.