Herb for ID - TQ18oct

Tabish

Oct 18, 2009, 1:43:10 PM10/18/09
to indiantreepix
A herb found growing by roadside in Delhi (October). Leaves and
branches seemed covered with white powdery stuff.
Somehow seemed as if I had seen it somewhere before, but unable to
identify. Any ideas?
- Tabish
---------------------------------
http://www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lover
00006.jpg
00008.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Oct 18, 2009, 2:01:32 PM10/18/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Dear Tabish, would it be Aerva species ... A. lanata, if not then could it be some species of Nothoaerva ?
Regards.

Tabish

Oct 18, 2009, 3:54:15 PM10/18/09
to indiantreepix
Aerva seems quite plausible. Could be A. lanata too - can't be sure.
- Tabish

On Oct 18, 11:01 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Tabish, would it be *Aerva* species ... *A. lanata*, if not then could
> it be some species of *Nothoaerva* ?
> Regards.

Nayan Singh

Oct 18, 2009, 10:12:24 PM10/18/09
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
it is Aerva lanata
regards

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Oct 18, 2009, 11:34:26 PM10/18/09
to indiantreepix
Thanks Nayan and Dinesh for the ID. Looks like the woolliness of the
leaves is variable. They do not look as woolly in Dinesh's picture
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/3033937649/
Cheers!
- Tabish

On Oct 19, 7:12 am, Nayan Singh <ns_dungri...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> it is Aerva lanata
> regards
>  N.S.Dungriyal IFS
> Chief Conservator of Forests
> and Field Director
> Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
> M.P.
> 09424792100
>
> ________________________________

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Oct 18, 2009, 11:47:17 PM10/18/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
This may be Aerva lanata

Santhosh

2009/10/18 Tabish <tab...@gmail.com>
--
SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar

Dinesh Valke

Oct 19, 2009, 12:50:06 AM10/19/09
to Dr Santhosh Kumar, Tabish, indiantreepix
... perhaps my plant's woolliness is affected by creek-side habitat.
Regards.

Nudrat

Oct 19, 2009, 3:18:03 AM10/19/09
to indiantreepix
Hello

The plant in pic is Aerva lantana

On Oct 19, 9:50 am, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... perhaps my plant's woolliness is affected by creek-side habitat.
> Regards.
>
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Dr Santhosh Kumar <drsanthosh1...@gmail.com
>
> > wrote:
> >  This may be Aerva lanata
>
> > Santhosh

Tabish

Oct 19, 2009, 3:44:26 AM10/19/09
to indiantreepix
Aerva lanata seems to be the universal view on this plant. As Dinesh
says, tt looks like the woolliness of the leaves depends on the
habitat.
I take this plant to be identified as Aerva lanata.
- Tabish

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 19, 2009, 7:36:49 AM10/19/09
to Dinesh Valke, Tabish, indiantreepix
Dinesh ji and Tanbish ji
It is Aerva lanata, Nothosaerva brachiata (it has s) has opposite leaves.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi