Fwd: Tree from Chandigarh

Alok Goyal

Apr 9, 2017, 3:06:45 AM4/9/17
to efloraofindia
Dear All

Please help me identify this plant

Habit Tree
Bark with deep fissures
Leaves rough (though not much) Dark green adaxially, very light green abaxially and with a felt like coating
Flowers White with ridged calyx. flowers fall off easily

in the first photo the flower is placed on the abaxial surface of the leaf

Any ideas about the tree?

Alok

IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1385.JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 9, 2017, 3:21:12 AM4/9/17
to Alok Goyal, efloraofindia
Nice image of the flower & the leave.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 20, 2017, 2:50:39 AM4/20/17
to efloraofindia, Pinki

IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1385.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 4, 2017, 2:10:04 AM5/4/17
to efloraofindia, Pinki

May 8, 2017, 2:30:30 AM5/8/17
to efloraofindia
Sorry Sir for the mistake. my apologies.

Alok

Leaves rough (though not much) Dark green adaxially, very light green abaxially and with a felt like coating
Flowers White with ridged calyx. flowers fall off easily

IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1385.JPG
Rose Garden UI 17 Apr (12).jpg

J.M. Garg

May 15, 2017, 8:34:52 AM5/15/17
to efloraofindia, Pinki
Thanks, a lot, Pradip ji.

May 28, 2017, 12:58:52 AM5/28/17
to efloraofindia, alok...@gmail.com
Dear Dr. Alok Ji

Kindly post the images of branch, full tree and flowers attached on a branch.
It will also be helpful, if you kindly mention the exact location in Chandigarh. You might be knowing Dr. Harjit Singh Dillon, who has authored 2 books on TREES OF CHANDIGARH. He was my Ph.D. lab-mate at PU during 1995-97, thereafter he went to serve the Oman Government. I have visited most places in Chandigarh in search of Plants.

Regards
Dr. Anil K. Thakur

Alok Goyal

May 29, 2017, 1:19:21 AM5/29/17
to Anil Thakur, efloraofindia
Dear All

Many Thanks for the support. i was busy with some family matters.

as for the additional information asked by Pradip Ji. i won't be able to provide you information regarding stipules as the plant and its parts are not accessible from ground and the location of tree is such that i cant climb the tree.

Anil ji

the location of tree is rose garden. there are only two trees in the garden.

Rest of the information i will try to provide in 2-3 days. bark and leaf arrangement (if it is helpful) are attached.

Alok
Rose Garden UI.jpg
Rose Garden UI (9).jpg

Anil Thakur

May 29, 2017, 2:53:05 AM5/29/17
to Alok Goyal, efloraofindia
Thank you, Dr. Alok Ji
I'll ask Dr. Dhillon about it.

Regards

--
With best Regards,

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 26, 2020, 7:29:55 AM10/26/20
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for ID
Distributed as Unidentified  Chandigarh Tree

Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 26, 2020, 7:31:18 AM10/26/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com