Arboretum walk at NGMA Bengaluru.

raman

Apr 11, 2012, 7:40:18 AM4/11/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
If any Bangaloreans are interested

Dear Friends,

We are happy to announce our third walk in the series of programmes planned around the NGMA Arboretum. Do join us for the walk on the 14th of Aprilat 3.30 PM in the NGMA. The walk is being taken by Mr. S. Karthikeyan who will tell us about the trees in bloom during this month. Registrations are limited, so do contact us well in advance.

Inline image 1

NGMA'S TREE OF THE MONTH Albizia saman or Samanea saman is a species of flowering tree in the pea family, Fabaceae, that is native to the Neotropics. Its range extends from Mexico to Peru and Brazil, but has been widely introduced to South and Southeast Asia, as well as the Pacific Islands, including Hawaii. Common names include saman, rain tree and monkeypod.

S. Karthikeyan is an avid bird-watcher. As an amateur photographer, he has photographed a wide variety of subjects including butterflies, flowering trees, birds and reptiles. Karthik has been creating awareness among the young and old alike on various aspects of natural history through nature camps, talks, slide shows and nature - based activities.

Inline image 3

For Director
National Gallery of Modern Art
Manikyavelu Mansion, 49 Palace Road,