Andrographis paniculata (Family: Acanthaceae) Hooghly, WB

surajit koley

Feb 28, 2012, 11:59:17 AM2/28/12
to efloraofindia
Sir,

I attach images of what we call KALMEGH in Bengali. In my childhood my mother used to force me gulp its bitter tasted leaves extract, once in a week, in order to keep me healthy!

Species : Andrographis paniculata
Type : wild herb
Date : 28-Feb-2012, 8.16 a.m. & 23-Jan-2012, 9.55 a.m.
Place : Hooghly, WB

Regards,

Surajit Koley
DSCN9428.jpg
DSCN9431.jpg
DSCN9432.jpg
DSCN9437.jpg
DSCN9440.jpg
VSCN6668.jpg

Nidhan Singh

Feb 28, 2012, 11:35:59 PM2/28/12
to surajit koley, efloraofindia
Yes Surajit Ji,

Nice pics...important medicinal plant.

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Ushadi micromini

Feb 29, 2012, 2:04:25 AM2/29/12
to efloraofindia
yes Kalmegh...

my mom used to make bari from five leaves for each child.... we had to
take it once a day for five days at beginning to monsoon, kept the
krimi away...

now I know its also good for the liver health..
usha di

shobha chavda

Feb 29, 2012, 3:54:33 AM2/29/12
to efloraofindia
Yes,It is used in many liver-tonics by Ayurvedic firms.
Shobha

On Feb 29, 12:04 pm, Ushadi micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com>

surajit koley

Feb 29, 2012, 11:32:28 AM2/29/12
to Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you Sir for confirming the ID. I have read that it is good for liver.

Regards,

Surajit Koley

surajit koley

Feb 29, 2012, 11:39:16 AM2/29/12
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Yes, Madam, my mom also used to say that it was good for liver as well as for pinworm.

Regards,

Surajit Koley

surajit koley

Feb 29, 2012, 11:49:31 AM2/29/12
to shobha chavda, efloraofindia
Thank you Madam for the feedback. Today, in this era of nuclear family, most of us are missing our granny's wisdom that would have saved us much money with homemade remedies for some minor ailments.

Regards,

Surajit Koley