MS May, 2018/18 Tree for ID

M Sawmliana

May 31, 2018, 7:40:11 AM5/31/18
to efloraofindia
Location : Durtlang, Mizoram
Date : 31-05-2018
Habit : Tree
Habitat : Wild
Note : Flowers very small

Regards,
M.Sawmliana
_DSC1570.JPG

Tapas Chakrabarty

May 31, 2018, 7:51:36 AM5/31/18
to M Sawmliana, efloraofindia
Any further close up? Leaves 3-nerved at base?

Tapas Chakrabarty

May 31, 2018, 7:52:14 AM5/31/18
to M Sawmliana, efloraofindia
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWAMLIANA JI.

M Sawmliana

May 31, 2018, 8:14:24 AM5/31/18
to Tapas Chakrabarty, indiantreepix
Thank you! Sir

On Thu, May 31, 2018, 17:21 Tapas Chakrabarty <tcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any further close up? Leaves 3-nerved at base?

Location : Durtlang, Mizoram
Date : 31-05-2018
Habit : Tree
Habitat : Wild
Note : Flowers very small

Regards,
M.Sawmliana

Tapas Chakrabarty

Date : 31-05-2018
Habit : Tree
Habitat : Wild
Note : Flowers very small

Regards,
M.Sawmliana

J.M. Garg

Jun 1, 2018, 1:16:54 AM6/1/18
to M Sawmliana, efloraofindia, Tapas Chakrabarty

Tapas Chakrabarty

Jun 1, 2018, 3:02:59 AM6/1/18
to J.M. Garg, M Sawmliana, efloraofindia
This is clearly Celastraceae. I will check and inform.

M Sawmliana

Jun 1, 2018, 3:13:06 AM6/1/18
to Tapas Chakrabarty, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Ok, thanks sir

On Jun 1, 2018 12:32 PM, "Tapas Chakrabarty" <tcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is clearly Celastraceae. I will check and inform.

Location : Durtlang, Mizoram
Date : 31-05-2018
Habit : Tree
Habitat : Wild
Note : Flowers very small

Regards,
M.Sawmliana

Tapas Chakrabarty

Jun 1, 2018, 6:43:20 AM6/1/18
to M Sawmliana, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
I think Garg ji is right.
I erred due to superficial observations.

Date : 31-05-2018
Habit : Tree
Habitat : Wild
Note : Flowers very small

Regards,
M.Sawmliana

J.M. Garg

Jun 5, 2018, 1:36:03 AM6/5/18
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
_DSC1570.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 11, 2018, 10:56:29 PM6/11/18
to M Sawmliana, efloraofindia
_DSC1570.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 20, 2018, 3:07:02 AM6/20/18
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, Tapas Chakrabarty
Could not find a match with any species at Ehretia
I think Tapas ji was right.
Closest I can go is Gymnosporia rufa (Wall. ex Roxb.) M.A.Lawson as per comparative images at Gymnosporia, but image is totally insufficient for id.
Another option is Gymnosporia senegalensis (Lam.) Loes., but I do not think it has distribution in Mizoram/ North East India.

From: M Sawmliana <msawm...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu 31 May, 2018, 5:10 PM
Subject: [efloraofindia:296122] MS May, 2018/18 Tree for ID
To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>

Location : Durtlang, Mizoram
Date : 31-05-2018
Habit : Tree
Habitat : Wild
Note : Flowers very small

Regards,
M.Sawmliana

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2975 members & 2,90,000 messages on 31.3.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images).

_DSC1570.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 20, 2018, 5:28:05 AM6/20/18
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Why did not you post such images earlier as it wastes lot of every body's time in trying to get the id from unclear single photo?

Jul 29, 2021, 8:09:07 AM7/29/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Gymnosporia rufa ?
Group discussion at

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2975 members & 2,90,000 messages on 31.3.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images).

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 29, 2021, 8:09:53 AM7/29/21
to indiantreepix, m sawmliana
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Gymnosporia rufa ?
Group discussion at

Aug 7, 2021, 5:52:41 AM8/7/21
to efloraofindia, m sawmliana
I think Gymnosporia acuminata Hook. fil. ex M. Laws. as per images and discussions herein.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 7, 2021, 6:54:15 AM8/7/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, m sawmliana
Gymnosporia acuminata (L. fil.) Szyszyl. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju