''For Id 20122011MR1’’ shrub local language called kata mata Pune

Madhuri Raut

Dec 20, 2011, 3:01:36 AM12/20/11
to efloraofindia

Kindly Id this small shrub growing wild on the border of a well at Pune

Dec 2011

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- green

no flowers or fruits

The care taker said it is called kata mata and is very useful to heal even the deep lacerating wounds

There was a fence around the well  so I could not go closer for dimensions of the plant

--
Regards
Dr.Bhagyashri Ranade

Mahadeswara

Dec 20, 2011, 6:53:27 AM12/20/11
to efloraindia
Looks like one of the Flueggea species. Need flowers and fruits
photographs for correct ID.

>  IMG_1201.jpg
> 256KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1200.jpg
> 328KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1202.jpg
> 1076KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1161.jpg
> 233KViewDownload
>
>  161220113182.jpg
> 278KViewDownload

Madhuri Raut

Dec 20, 2011, 7:38:41 AM12/20/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraindia
Many thanks Mahadeswara ji for a possible Id . I will watch for flowers and fruits
--
Regards
Dr.Bhagyashri Ranade

Satish Phadke

Dec 21, 2011, 10:24:50 AM12/21/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
I does look like Flueggea leucopyrus.
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Madhuri Raut

Dec 21, 2011, 10:37:41 AM12/21/11
to Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Many thanks Satish ji. I looked up Dinesh ji's pics on Flowers of India now I know what to look for .The flowering season falls in April. I will remember to look for flowers and fruits then
--
Regards
Dr.Bhagyashri Ranade

J.M. Garg

Jan 26, 2014, 9:58:55 PM1/26/14
to efloraofindia, Bhagyashri Ranade, Satish Phadke, M Swamy

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Looks like one of the Flueggea species. Need flowers and fruits photographs for correct ID. - from Mhadeswara ji.

I does look like Flueggea leucopyrus.- from Phadke ji.

Many thanks Satish ji. I looked up Dinesh ji's pics on Flowers of India now I know what to look for .The flowering season falls in April. I will remember to look for flowers and fruits then- from Madhuri ji.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tapas Chakrabarty

Jan 28, 2014, 7:05:16 AM1/28/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Bhagyashri Ranade, Satish Phadke, M Swamy
Fluggea leucopyrus.