Id080309PHk

Pravin Kawale

Mar 9, 2009, 12:34:18 AM3/9/09
to indiantreepix Indian, wildflowerindia
Hi,
Pl.Help me to id this one
a small herb with white tiny flowers
all plants parts are covered with hairs
commonly founds in paddyfield.
Photographed at Phansad WLS,Maharashtra
Thanks in advance

DSC02254-1.JPG
DSC02253-1.JPG
DSC02251-1.JPG

DSC02254-1.JPG
DSC02253-1.JPG
DSC02251-1.JPG

Prashant awale

Mar 9, 2009, 12:37:51 AM3/9/09
to Pravin Kawale, indiantreepix Indian, wildflowerindia
Hi Pravin,
This could be "Heliotropium ovalifolium" from  "Boraginaceae" family. Please check this...

best wishes
Prashant Awale..

Neil Soares

Mar 9, 2009, 3:38:20 AM3/9/09
to Prashant awale, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
Hi Pravin & Prashant,
    It looks more like Coldenia procumbens to me. Please check.
                       Regards,
                         Neil Soares.

Prashant awale

Mar 9, 2009, 4:12:31 AM3/9/09
to drneil...@yahoo.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil,

I too photographed the same one near Khireshwar (Malshej Ghat) and i too first thought that it could be "Coldenia procumbens".
Although there is lot of similarity, this one has leaves which are very hairy and not lobed at all, whereas the leaves of Coldena
procumbens are highly lobed, and not that hairy, although the stems are hairy.

To me it appears "Heliotropium ovalifolium".
Prashant..

JM Garg

Jul 23, 2016, 7:33:46 AM7/23/16
to efloraofindia, Pravin Kawale, Prashant awale
Does not seem to match with images at Euploca ovalifolia
DSC02254-1.JPG
DSC02253-1.JPG
DSC02251-1.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 23, 2016, 10:05:26 AM7/23/16
to efloraofindia, Pravin Kawale, Prashant awale, Satish Phadke, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan, Aarti S. Khale, Ushadi Micromini
It seems closer to Heliotropium supinum as per the following links:

But than question than what is the species (earlier identified as Heliotropium supinum) at the links at Satish Phadke (Validated by A. Lalithamba & P. Santhan), Aarti S Khale (Id by Ushadi & A. Lalithamba)

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

DSC02254-1.JPG
DSC02253-1.JPG
DSC02251-1.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 23, 2016, 10:17:06 AM7/23/16
to efloraofindia, Pravin Kawale, Prashant awale, Satish Phadke, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan, Aarti S. Khale, Ushadi Micromini
The species (earlier identified as Heliotropium supinum) at the links at Satish Phadke (Validated by A. Lalithamba & P. Santhan), Aarti S Khale (Id by Ushadi & A. Lalithamba) may be Euploca ovalifolia (Forsk.) Diane & Hilger