Mandevilla laxa ATJUNE2016/37

Anil Thakur

Jun 29, 2016, 11:39:24 AM6/29/16
to efloraofindia
Mandevilla laxa (Syn. Mandevilla suaveolens)
Chilean Jasmine

Another new for efloraindia
Shimla
May 2013-16

I'll search my computer for fruits some other day.

--
With best Regards,

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur
AT13.jpg
DSCN7665.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 30, 2016, 1:34:51 AM6/30/16
to Anil Thakur, efloraofindia
Thanks, Anil ji.
We don't have it in efi so far.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

Anil Thakur

Jun 30, 2016, 1:44:35 AM6/30/16
to efloraofindia
I had checked it, Garg ji.
Seen cultivated only at IIAS, Shimla and house of ex-cheif secretary,
H.P. It took me long time to identify.

Regards
ANIL THAKUR

Anil Thakur

Jun 30, 2016, 9:44:19 AM6/30/16
to efloraofindia
Fruits
DSCN1139.JPG

Anil Thakur

Jun 30, 2016, 9:46:13 AM6/30/16
to efloraofindia
A security guard at Indian Institute of Advanced Studies informed me
that they prepare a vegetable from its fruits. Otherwise, most of the
Apocyanaceae members are poisonous.

Regards
ANIL THAKUR
DSCN1141.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 1, 2016, 1:19:05 AM7/1/16
to Anil Thakur, efloraofindia
Thanks, Anil ji, for all these interesting details.

Nidhan Singh

Jul 1, 2016, 4:55:03 AM7/1/16
to J.M. Garg, Anil Thakur, efloraofindia
Nice post Anil Ji...!!

Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Anil Thakur

Jul 1, 2016, 9:13:30 AM7/1/16
to Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia, J. M. Garg

Thank you, Dr. Nidhan Singh ji