SK332JAN19-2017:ID

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 19, 2017, 10:33:42 AM1/19/17
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Location: Kalinchowk, Dolakha, Nepal
Altitude: 110000 ft.
Date: 25 July 2014

Anemone ...????

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_1063 - Copy.JPG
DSC_1063.JPG
DSC_1064.JPG
DSC_1065.JPG

Nidhan Singh

Jan 19, 2017, 8:30:45 PM1/19/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Likely to be Anemone rivularis...!!

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

J.M. Garg

Jan 19, 2017, 11:16:54 PM1/19/17
to Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Thanks,  Nidhan ji

chrischa...@btinternet.com

Jan 20, 2017, 2:06:22 AM1/20/17
to efloraofindia, jmg...@gmail.com
This does seem to fit Anemone rivularis but one should look out for A.elongata @ 2600-3500m in Nepal.  There are no images of pressed specimens of the latter available on the Kew Herbarium site and some of the images attributed to this species on the internet have been misidentified such as the first image which appears when checking with 'The Plant List' see: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22Anemone+elongata%22&tbm=isch&gws_rd=ssl#gws_rd=ssl&imgrc=t998wOGyNtoddM%3A.   This is CLEARLY not A.elongata - seems to be a hybrid cultivar to me!

Anemon elongata is recorded from Garwhal, so perhaps Dr Rawat has come across it in Uttarakhand?  I think I have some images of what I think may be A.elongata somewhere, so shall look these out when I can.   Such images (or any other members have) would represent a new entry for eFI.

A.elongata is recorded from near the top of Phulchoki  mountain above Godawari, Nepal, in 'Flora of Kathmandu Valley' - according to this, its achenes are smaller than in A.rivularis more rounded and with straight beaks - the achenes in the first image above are immature and not fully in focus but have hooked beaks.

J.M. Garg

Jan 20, 2017, 8:15:54 AM1/20/17
to chrischa...@btinternet.com, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh, Saroj Kasaju

Thanks,  Chadwell ji

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 22, 2017, 1:12:19 PM1/22/17
to J.M. Garg, C CHADWELL, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh
Thank you Chris !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 5:15 AM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote: