Impatiens bicornuta Wall.

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 21, 2016, 4:30:20 AM9/21/16
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Sharing some pictures I guess is Impatiens bicornuta Wall. shot at Chandragiri Hills Kathmandu Nepal on 19 September 2016 at 8200 ft.

Note: I found the plant different in FoI webpage .

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
CSC_0777.JPG
DSC_0396.JPG
CSC_0778.JPG
CSC_0779.JPG
CSC_0780.JPG
DSC_0223.JPG
DSC_0228.JPG
DSC_0385.JPG
DSC_0386.JPG
DSC_0395.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 23, 2016, 3:38:24 AM9/23/16
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Images in foi link looks different.
But appears similar to images at efi site
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

CSC_0777.JPG
DSC_0396.JPG
CSC_0778.JPG
CSC_0779.JPG
CSC_0780.JPG
DSC_0223.JPG
DSC_0228.JPG
DSC_0385.JPG
DSC_0386.JPG
DSC_0395.JPG

Tabish

Sep 23, 2016, 8:10:31 AM9/23/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, foico...@gmail.com
However, I. pradhanii is now considered to be a synonym of Impatiens bicornuta
  Tabish

www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 23, 2016, 11:57:00 AM9/23/16
to Tabish, foico...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 25, 2016, 10:43:59 AM9/25/16
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Tabish Qureshi
Thanks, Wojciech ji.

Impatiens bicornuta group is difficult. I checked both Grey-Wilson's and Akiyama's papers and without detailed measurements can't be sure which one it is. What is interesting in no one paper lower side of leaf is described as red of purple!  PlantList is useful sometimes but there also are errors. I agree with determination of yellow flowered form as I. pradhanii. I think that without additional studies of this whole group it is impossible to decide if I. pradhamii is synonym or separate species.
Best regards             Wojciech

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

J.M. Garg

Aug 24, 2017, 7:41:09 AM8/24/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Pl. also see feedback in another thread: SK673 25 JUL-2017:ID

Aug 24, 2017, 7:43:43 AM8/24/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
It is Impatiens bicornuta Wall..

Thank you.