SK612 03 JUL-2017:ID

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 3, 2017, 12:33:49 PM7/3/17

Date: 18 May 2017

CSC_0097.JPG
DSC_1288.JPG
DSC_1291.JPG
DSC_1292.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 3, 2017, 10:09:43 PM7/3/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Beautiful images.
Pl. Also check comparative images in efi site.

CSC_0089.JPG
DSC_1294.JPG
DSC_1299.JPG
DSC_1302.JPG
DSC_1303.JPG
DSC_1304.JPG
CSC_0090.JPG
CSC_0092.JPG
CSC_0095.JPG
CSC_0096.JPG
CSC_0097.JPG
DSC_1288.JPG
DSC_1291.JPG
DSC_1292.JPG

Wojciech Adamowski

Jul 4, 2017, 9:56:49 AM7/4/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
This one looks like I. jurpia or something close.
Authors don't describe lower side of leaf as purple, but they were working mainly with herbarium specimens.
Best regards            Wojciech

J.M. Garg

Jul 4, 2017, 9:58:53 AM7/4/17
to Wojciech Adamowski, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Thanks, Wojciech ji.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 4, 2017, 10:50:44 AM7/4/17
to J.M. Garg, Wojciech Adamowski, efloraofindia
Thank you Mr. Adamowski. I guess it is matching .
Shall I wait for further verification ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 5, 2017, 12:35:34 PM7/5/17
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, flowers...@gmail.com, Tabish

Impatiens jurpia Buch.-Ham.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 10:34 PM, Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Mr. Garg,

Should we refer to Dr. Gogoi ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 9:18 PM, Wojciech Adamowski <kruszc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
It could take loooooong time, as all what I know is from literature and pictures found via internet...
However, Dr. Rajib Gogoi will be doing revision of balsams of Sikkim and West Bengal in next three years.
I suppose he will be interested in pictures of Impatiens from this area.
Best regards             Wojciech

J.M. Garg

Jul 6, 2017, 12:10:02 AM7/6/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Thanks, Saroj ji.

Tabish

Jul 6, 2017, 6:15:04 AM7/6/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, flowers...@gmail.com
I don't thing it Impatiens jurpia as in that species, the "hump" on the dorsal petal is 7-11 mm, as shown in the figure attached. Also the the spur (the tail) is quite curved in I. jurpia.
It looks closer to the related species Impatiens cathcartii, which is found in Darjeeling and Sikkim regions. The spur of Impatiens cathcartii is only weakly curved, and the "hump" is 1-5 mm long. Also Saroj's flower visually looks closer to that in Fig. 1G.
   Tabish

www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers
Impatiens_jurpia.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 6, 2017, 12:05:17 PM7/6/17
to Tabish, Wojciech Adamowski, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, flowers...@gmail.com
Can anyone help ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Tabish

Jul 6, 2017, 12:28:07 PM7/6/17
to Saroj Kasaju, Wojciech Adamowski, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, flowers...@gmail.com
Actually it doesn't agree with Impatiens cathcartii too.  Impatiens cathcartii has noticeably large lateral sepals, the ones on top. But from the side-view of your flower, the lateral sepals are very small.
  Tabish

www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers

J.M. Garg

Jul 6, 2017, 11:09:13 PM7/6/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Tabish, Wojciech Adamowski
Thanks, Wojciech ji.
Jul 7, 2017, 1:47:24 AM7/7/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Wojciech Adamowski
Yes, the spur shown in the figure in Akiyama & Ohba (which I have attached) agrees well with Saroj's flower. Interestingly, it is different from that in the figure in Grey-Wilson, which I had attached in my earlier response.
However the prominently jutting forward "hump" on the dorsal petal, characteristic of I. jurpia, is missing in Saroj's flower. I hope this small hump is within the variations in the species.
    Tabish

www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers
On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 8:39 AM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, Wojciech ji.
Impatiens_jurpia1.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 22, 2017, 11:51:53 AM8/22/17
to Tabish, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Wojciech Adamowski
Dear Mr. Garg,

Any responce from Dr. Gogoi ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Wojciech Adamowski

Aug 22, 2017, 12:07:31 PM8/22/17
to Saroj Kasaju, Tabish, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dr. Rajib Gogoi is just going to Sikkim for field trip, so he will be out of commision for at least three weeks.
Best regards             Wojciech

17:51 wtorek, 2017-8-22, Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

Dear Mr. Garg,

Any responce from Dr. Gogoi ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

------------------------------ -------------
www.flowersofindia.net
The waterhole of flower lovers

J.M. Garg

Aug 22, 2017, 12:10:29 PM8/22/17
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Not since past around 50 days.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 23, 2017, 2:15:23 PM10/23/17
to Rajib Gogoi, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Tabish
Thank you Dr. Gogoi !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Rajib Gogoi <raji...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
The images looks like I. cathcarthii

Rajib Gogoi

On Thursday 19 October 2017, 10:05:33 PM IST, Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com> wrote:

Need your help again !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Forwarded conversation

Subject: SK612 03 JUL-2017:ID
------------------------

From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 10:18 PM
To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>, "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>

Dear Members,

Location: Soureni, Mirik, India
Date: 18 May 2017
Altitude: 4500 ft.

Impatiens ... ??

Saroj Kasaju

----------
From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 7:54 AM
To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>
Cc: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>

From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 7:43 PM
To: Wojciech Adamowski <kruszc...@yahoo.com>
Cc: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>, Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>

Thanks, Wojciech ji.

----------

From: Wojciech Adamowski <kruszc...@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 9:18 PM
To: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>

From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 10:34 PM
To: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>

Dear Mr. Garg,

Should we refer to Dr. Gogoi ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

----------
From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 10:20 PM
To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>, "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>, "flowers...@gmail.com" <flowers...@gmail.com>, Tabish <tab...@gmail.com>

Impatiens jurpia Buch.-Ham.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

----------
From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 9:54 AM
To: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Cc: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>

Thanks, Saroj ji.

----------

From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 9:50 PM
To: Tabish <tab...@gmail.com>, Wojciech Adamowski <kruszc...@yahoo.com>
Cc: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>, "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>, "flowers...@gmail.com" <flowers...@gmail.com>

Can anyone help ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

----------

From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 8:54 AM
To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>
Cc: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>, Tabish <tab...@gmail.com>, Wojciech Adamowski <kruszc...@yahoo.com>

Thanks, Wojciech ji.

13:18 czwartek, 2017-7-6, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

----------

From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 9:10 PM
To: "flowers...@gmail.com" <flowers...@gmail.com>, Tabish <tab...@gmail.com>

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Forwarded conversation

------------------------

From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 10:18 PM
To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups. com>, "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>

Date: 18 May 2017
Altitude: 4500 ft.

Impatiens ... ??

Saroj Kasaju

----------
From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 7:54 AM
To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups. com>
Cc: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>

From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 7:43 PM
To: Wojciech Adamowski <kruszc...@yahoo.com>
Cc: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups. com>, Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>

Thanks, Wojciech ji.

----------

From: Wojciech Adamowski <kruszc...@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 9:18 PM
To: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>

From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 10:34 PM
To: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>

Dear Mr. Garg,

Should we refer to Dr. Gogoi ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

----------
From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 10:20 PM
To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups. com>, "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>, "flowers...@gmail.com" <flowers...@gmail.com>, Tabish <tab...@gmail.com>

Impatiens jurpia Buch.-Ham.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

----------
From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 9:54 AM
To: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Cc: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups. com>

Thanks, Saroj ji.

----------

From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 9:50 PM
To: Tabish <tab...@gmail.com>, Wojciech Adamowski <kruszc...@yahoo.com>

Cc: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups. com>, "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>, "flowers...@gmail.com" <flowers...@gmail.com>

Can anyone help ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

----------

From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 8:54 AM
To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups. com>
Cc: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>, Tabish <tab...@gmail.com>, Wojciech Adamowski <kruszc...@yahoo.com>

Thanks, Wojciech ji.

From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 9:36 PM
To: Tabish <tab...@gmail.com>
Cc: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>, efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>, Wojciech Adamowski <kruszc...@yahoo.com>

Dear Mr. Garg,

Any responce from Dr. Gogoi ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

----------

From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 9:55 PM
To: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Cc: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>

From: Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 10:08 PM
To: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>, Wojciech Adamowski <kruszc...@yahoo.com>
Cc: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>

J.M. Garg

Nov 9, 2017, 12:53:10 AM11/9/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Tabish
Impatiens cathcartii Hook.f. as per another thread.

Mar 6, 2020, 11:47:59 AM3/6/20
to efloraofindia
This is again something from Impatiens jurpia complex..

Can be Impatiens cathcartii...
But in last image leaves look much hairy which should be near glabrous and also there looks some differences in flower...

As Dr. Wojciech Adamowski sir have said that Impatiens jurpia is still not completely resolved and there can be possibly some undescribed forms and it has many variations also...
So we can't say with surity about this plant until I.jurpia complex is completely resolved...

Best regards
Ashutosh Sharma

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 6, 2020, 11:58:40 AM3/6/20