Fwd: SK4MAR5-2016:ID 3

J.M. Garg

Jun 28, 2016, 4:35:31 AM6/28/16
to efloraofindia, kasaj...@gmail.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <kasaj...@gmail.com>
Date: 5 March 2016 at 21:01
Subject: SK4MAR5-2016:ID
To: "J. M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>

Dear Mr. Garg,
Request ID please !
Outskirts of Kathmandy valley !
Altitude 1300M.
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

Sent from my iPhone

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

IMG_3875.JPG

Tapas Chakrabarty

Jun 28, 2016, 4:56:35 AM6/28/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
The axillary cymes and presence of a cupule subtending the fruits point to the  family Lauraceae.

J.M. Garg

Jun 28, 2016, 5:08:35 AM6/28/16
to efloraofindia, kasaj...@gmail.com, Tapas Chakrabarty
A reply from another thread from Tapas ji.:
... image may be Lindera, but it will be risky to assign the species with the available image.

J.M. Garg

Apr 7, 2017, 6:44:41 AM4/7/17
to efloraofindia
A reply from another thread:
This was posted earlier by Saroj ji in a mixture, as indicated by Garg ji (the last image there).  Could it possibly be a Ficus?  I do not know.  I thought of Lauraceae as it appeared to have a short cupule at the base of the fruits but I may be mistaken.  If Lauraceae then I am unable to suggest even a genus.  This would have been Lindera but I am not seeing any umbellate formation.  I am fully confused.
Regards.
Tapas

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

IMG_3875.JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 17, 2017, 6:09:04 AM4/17/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Some earlier relevant feedback:

This was posted earlier by Saroj ji in a mixture, as indicated by Garg ji (the last image there).  Could it possibly be a Ficus?  I do not know.  I thought of Lauraceae as it appeared to have a short cupule at the base of the fruits but I may be mistaken.  If Lauraceae then I am unable to suggest even a genus.  This would have been Lindera but I am not seeing any umbellate formation.  I am fully confused.

Regards.
Tapas

Apr 17, 2017, 6:10:24 AM4/17/17
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Sorry, a reply from another thread:
"This should be Dodecadenia grandiflora Nees.
These are still flower buds.
Kind regards,
Varun"

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 28, 2017, 7:06:41 AM4/28/17
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, Maan Rokaya, efloraofindia
Dear all,

Thank you all for the efforts for ID specially to Varun Jee.

Dodecadenia grandiflora Nees (accepted name)

Nepali Names : नेपाली दालचिनी  Nepalee Daalachinee  / काउले Kaaule / पहेंली Pahenlee / पवारी Pawaaree

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju